Ch. 27 So Close and yet So Far

After Spyke had saved you and you escaped from Mr. Grizz's ambush attack, he took you to his apartment close to Inkopolis Square. When you got there, he showed you to a spare bedroom where you could spend the night. You were about to go to sleep when something came across your mind.

(Yn): Hey, I never got to thank you for saving me. He says with a smile.

Spyke: It's not a problem, love. I saw you in trouble, so I helped you. He says with a smile.

(Yn): But, why were you in Inkopolis Plaza in the first place? He asks with a confused look.

Spyke: I was salvaging anything valuable from abandoned buildings. He says with a neutral look.

(Yn): Why? He asks with a confused look.

Spyke: That's my job now. I salvage anything I can and sell it to anyone that may want it. He explains with a neutral look.

You were confused now because the last thing you had heard, Spyke had gotten a real job and was making money.

(Yn): Okay. I'm just surprised. Didn't you have a job? He asks with a confused look.

Spyke: I did, but they gave my job to someone named Mitch because he was younger and they wanted someone who didn't use to live in an alleyway. He says with an annoyed look.

(Yn): Now that's just stupid! He says with a serious look.

Spyke: I know. But it's okay, love. I'm doing just fine. What about you though? How have you been these past few years? He asks with a smile.

(Yn): Tired and traveling. That's pretty much it. He says with a neutral look.

Spyke: Seriously? Nothing else? He says with an surprised look.

(Yn): Well, I went back home and saw my mother. Of course she was relieved to see me after so long, but she didn't like the stories I had to tell. He says with a neutral look.

Spyke: I bet. You saved the world and you had been kidnapped. Neither of which are things that a mother likes to here about. He says with a neutral look.

(Yn): Yeah. I also found some ruins showing five different sea creatures. He says with a smile.

Spyke: Really? What were they? He asks with an intrigued look.

(Yn): Inkling, Octoling, Salmonoid, and two others that I didn't recognize. He says with a neutral look.

Spyke: Well, can you describe them? He asks with a neutral look.

(Yn): One of them looked like an inkling, but they had different markings around their eyes and had a different kind of hair. He explains with a neutral look.

Spyke. Strange. I've never heard of a humanoid sea creature like that. What about the other one? He asks with an intrigued look.

(Yn): It looked like one of those Cohocks from Salmon run, but it had sharper teeth and was slightly blue instead of grey. He explains with a neutral look.

Spyke: Interesting. He says with an intrigued look.

(Yn): Right. He says with a smile.

Spyke: Anyway. We should go to bed. I'll take you to the Square in the morning. He says with a smile.

(Yn): Don't worry about me. I can find my way around.  He says with a smile.

Spyke: If you say so. In that case, I'm gonna go back to the Plaza in the morning and look for some more stuff to sell. He says with a smile.