Ch. 25 A Failed Experiment

Bella was waiting in Octo Canyon for someone to show up. It took some time, but Cap'n Cuttlefish finally showed up.

Bella: Cap'n! Thank goodness you're here. She says with a relieved look.

Cap'n: Hello, Eight. What brings you out here? He asks with a smile.

Bella: I needed to talk to someone. She says with a scared look.

The captain started to notice that Bella was really freaking out.

Cap'n: Okay, Eight. What's the matter? He asks with a concerned look.

Bella: Do you know anything about the Salmonoids? She asks with a nervous look.

Cap'n: Not really. You're asking the wrong squid for that information. He says with a neutral look.

Bella: Aw man. She says with a disappointed look.

Cap'n: However, Four should be here soon, and she knows a lot about them. He says with a neutral look.

Bella: Four? As in Rica? She asks with a neutral look.

Cap'n: Correct. He says with a smile.

Bella: Okay. When should she be here? She says with a neutral look.

Cap'n: She'll be here later, along with my granddaughters. He says with a neutral look.

Bella: Okay. I can wait.... Maybe. She says with an anxious look.

She and the captain wait for about an hour, until Rica, and the Squid Sisters finally arrive.

Callie: We're here! She says with a smile.

Bella: Finally! She says with a relieved look.

They could see that Bella was very anxious to see them, but they didn't know why.

Marie: What's the matter Bella? She asks with a concerned look.

Bella: I need to talk to Rica. She says with an anxious look.

Rica: Me? Okay. What about? She asks with a neutral look

Bella: About the Salmonoids. She says with an anxious look.

Rica: Then you've come to the right Inkling. She says with a smile.

Bella: I didn't come to you! I had to wait for you to get here! She says with a serious look.

Callie: It's your fault for not coming to look for us. She says with a serious look.

Bella: Quiet, sister! She says with an angry look.

Rica: Calm down, Bella! What's the problem? She asks with a neutral look.

Bella: The problem is that one of those filthy fish attacked me and tried to steal this! She says with an anxious to.

She pulls the golden toothpick  out of her tentacles and shows it to the others. They all look at it very closely.

Marie: Where'd you get that? She asks with an amazed look.

Callie: I've never seen anything like it. She says with an amazed look.

Callie then tries to take it from Bella's hand, but she slaps her hand away.

Callie: Ow! Why'd you do that? She asks with an annoyed look.

Bella: I got this when I went back into the Deepsea Metro System to bring everyone to the surface. She says with a serious look.

Rica: How'd you get it? She asks with an intrigued look.