Chapter 1: The princess life

"King, the lady."

The woman informed the man who's attention is focused.. on a cup?

Panting a bit, the woman continued her words. She thought that maybe the man didn't heard her quite well.

"Lady Chaeyoung, she's missing." the servant alarmingly said to the king, who's peacefully enjoying his afternoon tea in his room.

Just like that, the man gave his full attention.

"What!?" He bursts. Slamming his tea cup on his table letting the liquid splash all over the table, and running down to the floor, which also left a crack on the cup.

Luckily for him, he gulped the tea left inside his mouth before his servant spilled an important statement to him. Because if not? He might've spilled the tea all over his clothes.

The servant looked at him with fear, as she thought of the king's mood is not as bright as the ray of sunshine that's illuminating the man's room.

"Find her, right now! Tell the guards to secure the palace, I'm sure she's still roaming around."

The king shouted with anger, but despite of his tone.. there's an undeniable hint of a worrying father.

The servant bowed at the king, and rushed outside. She immediately told the head of the guards to secure the palace, and do it as quick as they can, before the princess escapes.

"That kid is really hard headed.." the man uttered.

"Aside from her beautiful face, she got her attitude mostly from her mother." He deeply sighed then let out a small smile, reminiscing his late wife.

But soon enough, his smile slowly faded. He just realized that his tea got splattered, and is now impossible to drink.

-

"Why are they're so many guards this afternoon?" The princess hissed, while hiding behind a bush.

She's quietly spectating the whole clan of guards at the exit of the palace.

"They must've noticed that I'm missing, should've come up with a better plan than- than this!" the princess scolds herself.

She successfully failed another attempt to cross the other side, to what she believes.. is where her freedom awaits.

With down shoulders, Chaeyoung retreats, walking back to her room. But on her way back, she stumbles upon someone.

Out of all humans in this palace, why does it have to be him? Chaeyoung thinks.

"Where have you been?" The king, her father asked while crossing his arms.

He's standing in front of her. Chaeyoung can't seem to distinguish if the man's face describes anger? Or disappointment?

Maybe both, the princess thought.

Now it's time to come up with an excuse. What believable alibi would be perfect for this kind of situation? It's not like it's the first time she's coming up with one.

"I was just getting some fresh air outside, father." She said it in her most respectful tone, soft and steady. She even smiled, which surely made her dimple visible.

"Fresh air in the afternoon? Well.. that's new." The king chuckled. Probably not being swayed by his daughter's lame reasons.

She again scolded herself inside her mind, she realized how shallow her alibi was. She wants to slap herself from coming up with that phrase.