Chapter 28: Acceptance

"Mina.." her mother called.

"Yes mother?" Mina asked who's currently preparing for their food.

"I just want to tell you that if I'm go-" her mother stated, she knows where this is heading again so she stopped her mother's words before she could even hear the hurtful thoughts of her.

"No mother, that won't happen.. Momo will succeed." Mina replied, assuring that everything's going to be alright, but even she herself isn't sure if Momo will succeed.

"Listen darling, i want the boulder of rock be lifted from the two of you, I don't want to be a burden anymore." her mother stated, Mina felt how bad her mother is going through, she thought that she's just a burden from her and Momo, which will never be true.

"Mother.." Mina softly said, more like in a sad tone.

"So please, if Momo ever get the flower.. i don't want to use it. That's stealing and you know i hate culprits." her mother said and Mina do know that.

"But mother, it's for your own good." Mina reasoned, there's no way she wouldn't give the flower to her mother, she's slowly dying.

"For me.. but how about the people who needed it the most? We aren't part of the royal blood.. and stealing something from the palace awaits a great punishment." her mother stated, and that punishment is a cruel one, death.

"It won't change my mind mother, no matter what you say.. i need you, we're doing this for you." Mina said as she walked towards her mother who's laying on her bed.

"I know.. i know, but this won't do. Please think right Mina."

"Is curing you not right? Stop it mother, Momo will get that flower and you'll use it, end of discussion." Mina was quite annoyed from her mother's response, she only wants to cure her and that's it, was it too much?

Mina is in the binge of crying, but she held it in. She doesn't want her mother to see her this week. Her mother is bed ridden and almost has no strength left.

She's just clinging to the hope that Momo will get the flower and bring it to them one day, but she hopes that.. that day is tommorow.

She can't bear seeing her mother at this state, helpless. Slowly losing hope. She wants this to end.. but she needs to be more patient, momo needs her time.

Mina taught Momo about the guards guarding pattern, so it'll be not that hard for Momo to get the hang of it, and she also mentioned that the princess is her ally.

Mina haven't said a thing about their real relationship with Chaeyoung because they promised each other.. that no one should know.

She blamed herself for not believing on the latter, she was indeed telling the truth but Mina didn't listen and just went on and on blaming the princess.

She should've trusted Chaeyoung more, she hated herself for saying the words that must've hurt the latter's feelings.

Mina went back on what she's doing and left her mother in her bed.

"I wonder what chaeyoung is doing right now." Mina said to herself as she finished preparing their food.

--

Sana waved goodbye to Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung smiled, then returned a wave from the latter.

Sana had explained to her on why she suddenly visited their place.

She said that their fathers are having a somewhat kind of meeting, and Sana said that she just tagged along since she's bored and has nothing else to do at their place.. Sana didn't say the real reason why she tagged along with her father, but it's already obvious, she likes Chaeyoung.