Chapter 3: The Celebration

"I think that's mother." Dahyun said as she's referring from the footsteps that's getting louder and louder. Only means that her mother is indeed around the area.

"I should go now." Dahyun said as she bowed her head for the princess.

"Wait Dahyun-shi." Chaeyoung said as she grabbed Dahyun's wrist that made the girl stop from her tracks.

"Why?" She asked.

"I-i need you later tonight, please come. To the usual place." Chaeyoung pleaded, then gave Dahyun a peck on the lips.

It fluttered the young girl. She knows she's weak fir me the latter.

"I'll try Chaeyoung, I'll try.." Dahyun said, not giving Chaeyoung any sure answers.

She caressed Chaeyoung's hands and slowly taking it off away from her wrist.

"Please come, at least for my birthday.." Chaeyoung said then Dahyun just left and didn't replied back.

A tear escaped from  Dahyun's eye as she went to her room.

She saw her mother along the way, but she avoided her and went to a different route.

She can't take the fact that Chaeyoung only sees her as a toy, a thing that will satisfy her and fill her needs.

Dahyun have admired Chaeyoung, even right before they even do those kind of pleasurable assistance on each other.

But Dahyun can't feel Chaeyoung's love. She feels nothing. Although she knows that she has no chance on having a romantic relationship with the princess, she still serves for her. Because she likes her.

At the end of the day, she's still just a servant, and Chaeyoung has a royal blood that should be served.

She hasn't confronted Chaeyoung about her feelings, because she already knows the answer.

She could try.. but she decided not to. It'll only hurt her even more.

She won't take the risk telling her the truth, if it'll only break her heart more.

"Just for a second, please.. please stop thinking about her. Dahyun!" She scolded herself as she buries her face on her pillow.

She sighed.

"How can a princess could make me feel like this?"

"Ahh... why did you made me feel like this Chaeyoung?" She whispered.

"Dahyun?" Her mother knocked at her door that made her stood up and wiped her tears away.

Yes, like nothing happened.

Let's hide the pain.

"Y-yes mother?" She said as she walked towards the locked door and opening it afterwards.

"Aren't you going to celebrate with us?" Her mother said after she opened the door.

"O-ohh right, sorry mother.. I'll be there." she said and smiled bitterly to her mom, and her mom just nodded and left her.

"Way to go Dahyun, you successfully didn't let her know." She told herself.

She's best at this, hiding her true feelings. Although she knows it's not right, she'll explode anytime soon.

"How did you captivate me like that?" Dahyun said as she changed her clothes.

--

"Father.." Chaeyoung said as she bowed infront of her father, who's standing and watching the servants serve the foods at the long wooden table.