Epilogue

Mina offers Chaeyoung for them to go back at the palace to see what had happened, but Chaeyoung declined it immidietly.. not wanting to see the reality she knows she will live forever.

Instead, Chaeyoung helped Mina to find a descent place where they could settle Mrs. Myoui's body at peace.

With a help of a shovel that's sitting at Mina's home, they dug about 6ft down. It was a hassle, but it's the least thing they could do for the woman's body to rest once and for all.

As expected, the news spread at the whole kingdom like wildfire. They now knew the princess has been missing and either one of them has noticed this, Chaeyoung really blend in the crowd when she escaped.

Since there's no corpse of a princess's body that's in the scene, they immidietly knew that the princess is roaming around somewhere. And they are indeed glad to know that at least one of the royal blood had survived the tragedy.

Chaeyoung walks back in the place where she calls home, or it used to be. Because it's far from looking like a home itself, given the fact that this place had acted like a cage for her.

The princess cried, of course. But Mina was there to keep her sobbing subtle and controllable. They saw two bodies with flowers around the other one, and that what they believe was the king's body.

Chaeyoung grabs a flower near her and laid a kiss on it, seemingly feeling it's her father's hand. Showing respect is all she can do at the moment, and she regrets how she didn't had the chance to do any of this when the man is still alive and breathing. Chaeyoung has no clue when and how did the fire started, but there's this guard says that it came from her Nanny's room.

She doesn't know if she'll be mad or what, but the guard had added that there's a high possibility that's it is because of the potions on the woman's room.

Careless, that's what she would describe her nanny. Like how can she be so careless and start a fire from a simple potion? She knows her nanny was a potion maker for the sickness of the entire palace, but why did she let that fire ignite? Did they do something to stop it? So careless.. and Chaeyoung would want to beat herself up because she's not far behind from her nanny's carelessness. She did worse.

Days have passed and it's like air making it's way in their lives, it didn't feel like anything. They're still numb for what had happened, and the ache inside their hearts never changed. The time couldn't heal it, not yet.

Chaeyoung opens the door, and it's been a week since she had a talk to her.. she knows that the latter is still trying her best to accept reality, and there's no doubt that she's at the edge of giving up too. Like all of them.

The princess sat near her, but made a little space for the girl to breathe in. She doesn't want to suffocate an already breath hitching situation she's in. "You know what Dahyun-shi? Momo.. i mean Minhyuk once said that maybe if you try  to smile, you'll be the most beautiful girl he had ever seen." Chaeyoung voice was soft, trying to send some of the comfort she knew that might help.

Dahyun's body moved a bit, she lowly chuckles. "That's ridiculous."

Chaeyoung smiles, she's making progress. Well, other than Dahyun let her in and didn't push her out is progress, but there's still more to conquer.b

"It's true, and i must say.. i think he's interested on you. But too bad she's a girl." Chaeyoung joked, not wanting to wait for another string of joyous laughter come out of Dahyun's mouth.

But the happiness she thought she'll witness went down the drain when she saw Dahyun's shoulders dropped. "And she's gone." Dahyun utters, and there's no day or night she didn't blame her stupidity for it.