Chapter 30: Unfolds

It was a peaceful quiet morning that day, when Momo took a visit to see if Mina and her mother is doing well.

But that's not her only intention. She has some big news. "Mina, the princess and I have decided."

Momo wnats to inform the latter about the plan, the plan that Chaeyoung and her had discussed while at the palace.

"We'll pick the flower at midnight."

Mina stopped her food preparing, "Tonight?" Her brows almost meet, as she thinks if she heard that right.

Momo nods, "Yes. Since most of the guards are not present. And it'll be an ease."

The king had sent some guards at Minatozaki's palace. The king haven't gave up yet, so he's trying to show her wealth of.

Mina scoots closer, she wants to hear this clearly. "How can you be sure about that?" She asked.

"Because I'm Hirai Momo, and most importantly.. i'm Myoui Mina's best friend." Momo smiled proudly after saying that, as if this is just a simple game that she's so sure she'll win.

Mina laughs, "No you're not."

"What? all my life i thought we're best of the friends??" Momo exaggerated as she clings on Mina's arm.

Mina shook her head, "You're more than a friend to me."  She spoke.

Momo's eyes widened, probably thinking of something else.

"You're more like a sister. Stop whatever that brain of yours is thinking." Mina giggles.

Momo tsked, but it was fun teasing Mina like they have no problem at all. "Alright, whatever floats your boat, darling."

Mina giggles once again. But her face straightened after realizing what they have to do. "But seriously, be careful Momo. You know the consequences. After we heal mother with the flower of dawn.. we'll run away from this kingdom."

"Where are we exactly going if this plan succeeded?" Momo asked.

"Remember the old place? Where you and i first met?"

Her mouth swung open, "But that's the abandoned forest. Many, many.. wild animals are roaming around that place, it's their territory." She has terrible memories in that particular place. "Did you forget why i had this scar? If there's dangerous people in Sonrise kingdom, there's dangerous creatures in that forest." She points at her scar right om her neck, near her ears.

Mina shook her head, they have to forget the past to continue. "We have the skills, we can conquer them. We can somehow figure out something, do we even have other choices than that?" She asked.

Momo has been hesitant to say this, but she thinks it's the right time to do so.."There'll always be other choices Mina. If you just open your eyes. Lady Chaeyoung and you are together.. am i right?"

Mina was stunned, "H-how did you? Did she-"

Momo waved a finger, "She didn't mention a anything about it Mina, don't blame the princess for it. Even i didn't ask her just to know what's the real deal between the two of you." She explained.

"Then how?"

Momo chuckles, Mina's face is shading like a beetroot. "By simply seeing the reaction you gave me right now. Ohh Mina, i thought you're more clever than i am."

"Yah!"

"Shhh! Mother's resting inside, right?" Momo said, shushing Mina down.

"You're definitely not wrong, b-but don't change the topic here" Mina stutters. Momo smiles, "I'm not changing anything, i guess you have to change something." then she went on serious mode.