Chapter 25: Betrayal

"When on earth does Mina wants to bring the flower here?" Momo wondered as she's staring at their mother's current situation.

She's been really weak the past few days and Mina haven't been visiting them, Momo is surely worried about their mother and also for Mina.

Mina usually visits them from time to time but know she's confused on why Mina is nowhere to be found.

"Maybe she's just busy?" Momo asked herself but that can't be it, Momo knows that Mina will do her best just to check on them but this really bothers her.

"Momo.." her mother whispered and momo saw her mother smiling.

"Mother.. what is it? Do you need water? Or-" Momo didn't finish her words because her mother suddenly spoke.

"I think I can't last any longer." her mother said that made a tear escape her eye.

"No, no mother. You'll get better, just hold on a bit longer okay? Mina.. she'll be back, she'll be back with the flower of dawn." Momo said as she caressed her mother's hands.

Mina and Chaeyoung had planned to get the flower as early as possible, because she knows.. she knows that her mom is getting weaker as the day passes. They're just waiting for the right timing.

She can't visit them because she needs to study the palace more, and yes, it's true that she's busy herself.

Busy to study the guards guarding pattern, busy to pretend that Chaeyoung and her are not in a relationship, and busy on eyeing on Dahyun's every movements, speaking of the latter.

Dahyun is now approaching Mina who's sitting on a bench near the garden's gate.

"Minho." Dahyun stated and Mina just stared at Dahyun waiting for the girl to continue her words.

"I see that you're quite often here.." Dahyun continued referring on where Mina usually spends her free time.

"The air feels good here, that's why i stay here a lot. Why?" Mina replied using her deep voice since nobody knows her true identity yet, except for Chaeyoung.

"Nothing.." Dahyun said and sat next to Mina which made Mina flinch and moved away a little from the latter.

"Is guarding the princess fun?" Dahyun suddenly asked, but Mina wondered  what's with the sudden question.

"What made you ask that?" Mina said and furrowed her brows, does Dahyun know?

"You look really close and i saw how comfortable you two are at each other." Dahyun said, Mina doesn't know if the latter is being sincere or just playing with her, what's with the sudden change of mood?

"We're not that close, it's only my duty to guard her. Maybe that's why you think we're close, but we aren't." Mina simply replied, of course she won't tell Dahyun the truth.

"It's just.. when Chaeyoung is with you, she's.. you know.. happier?" Dahyun stated and partially teasing Mina with the tone of her voice.

"Isn't she just jolly everytime?" Mina asked back, she's slowly clenching her hands into fists from Dahyun's unreasonable questions.

"She isn't usually like that, she hides her emotions quite well.." Dahyun said and smiled, a bitter smile.

"Hides emotions huh? Hmm.. i didn't notice that, i can tell if she's simply happy or not, with just a gaze at her eyes." Mina said reminiscing on how readable Chaeyoung's emotions are especially when you look inside her beautiful eyes.

"That what you must've saw that night huh?" Dahyun said and chuckled that made Mina face her.

"What do you mean?" Mina nervously asked, she's literally shaking inside.