Chapter 5: Dak Gomtang

It was a lovely morning for Mina, because it's gold coins day.

In the whole kingdom, only the palace offers gold coins im exchange of service. And that's the reason why she entered here, she want those good ol' shiny coins.

"Here's your first coins Minho, put it in good use."

The king took about three pieces of coins inside his pouch.

The looks of it attracted Mina really quick, it's glimmering, so shiny. It's pleasant to her eyes, never saw real gold before.

"I'll surely will, my king." Mina bow down and received the first coins she ever had.

Her mood lit up as soon as she had the feel of the cold coin. She smiled widely looking at it.

"Those are just the first one you'll receive, there's even more where it came from. Just do your duty well and we can get along." The king stated before signing for another servant to come to him.

It's just her second day and she already had these amount of money. She thinks that her mother will surely be proud of what she had accomplished.

Walking out of the king's room, she stumbled upon the princess, Chaeyoung.

"My lady." She bow down immidietly as she saw the princess.

"Minho, nice seeing you here." The princess uttered.

"I just came out of the king's room, just got my gold coins today!" Mina waved her hands that's holding the coins, she's so proud of it.

"So it's today, I'm glad." Chaeyoung spoke with a bright smile.

"I am too, my lady." Mina gratefully said.

But Mina's smile is even more brighter. Just couple more coins, they can eventually afford a real house.

It'll take some time and effort, but she knows it'll be worth it at the end of the day. She just have to strive hard to earn it.

"It looks like it." Chaeyoung giggles. Admiring how excited Mina is.

"I'm sorry." Mina somehow felt embarrassed from how enthusiastically she showed her coins.

"You shouldn't be, you're just expressing your feelings. I like that." Chaeyoung assures.

Mina frowns, "You do?" She questioned.

"Hmm." Chaeyoung simply nods her head, not taking her words back.

"Oh."

Chaeyoung smiles, "I must go now. Nanny needs my help." She reminds.

"If you must my lady." Mina bow down, showing her respect again.

"Nice talking to you."

Chaeyoung said before taking another step away.

"I'll be at the kitchen if you need any help." Mina uttered, Chaeyoung paused.

"The kitchen?" She asked.

Mina scratch her nape, "I- uhh.. I'm hungry." Kind of shy of her reason.

"Then let's go to the kitchen." Chaeyoung invites.

"But i thought-"

"I'm not really much needed there, i guess. I'll just visit the garden some other time around. Let's feed that hungry stomach of yours." The princess offers, and it stunned Mina. She never knew the princess will be this welcoming.

"Oh, right."

--

The two are now inside the palace's kitchen. The maids and servant aren't present, because they're currently collecting their own coins.