Chapter 19: Idiot

Kissing her mother's forehead, Mina bid her goodbye. Also Chaeyoung, she did waved her farewell. It was nice meeting them, she felt a company that no one had ever made her feel before. It's warm, cozy, and comfortable.

Very different, but still.. it warmth her heart.

Both walked back to the palace, it's already midnight and they don't even have a clue if Chaeyoung had been noticed missing.

Mina thinks hard. What if they noticed it?

"Do you think they know that you're missing, my lady?" Mina asked as they both walked side by side at the forest.

"I actually don't know.. maybe not? Because they might thought that I'm still in my room, that's what i always do, if I'm not in the garden.. you can definitely spot me in my room." Chaeyoung explained and Mina just nodded as she hums.

But even before they could walk away from the forrest, a bush next to Chaeyoung suddenly moved and let out an unusual noise.

"What was that?!" The latter said as she grabbed and clinged into Mina's arm like her life depends on it.

"Maybe it's just a wolf." Mina said, teasing the princess.

Mina had decided to make fun of her, so she took the advantage of the scenario. She likes how terrified the princess is right now, acting like a kid and clinging on her arm.

"A wolf? Just a wolf?!"

Chaeyoung thought how unbelievable Mina is. Wolves are dangerous, they eat humans for breakfast, lunch and dinner! How come she can be this calm right now?

The latter shouted and Mina did her best not to laugh at how Chaeyoung reacted, she's so terrified.

Without a second passing by, the bush rustles again and it sure is making scary sounds, it looks like something is really hiding behind it.

"It moved again Mina! Make it go away! Please!" Chaeyoung pleaded then Mina sighed, she can't believe how scared the latter is right now.

"Fine, calm yourself down. I'll handle it." Mina assured Chaeyoung as she's trying to get rid from Chaeyoung's grip, but the latter won't let her arm go.

Chaeyoung looked at her with pleading eyes, begging her not to remove her arms that's being wrapped around.

"How am i supposed to make it go? If you can't let my arm go?" Mina said and even if Chaeyoung doesn't want to let go of Mina's arm, she did, she just wants to get that creature away from her.

"J-just make sure that it won't get near me." Chaeyoung quiver in fear and hid behind Mina.

Mina then took a stick on the ground and poked the bush, it's not moving anymore. Mina poked it a few more times, she guess that maybe the creature or whatever it is, is gone.

"Nothing's there, see?" Mina poked it again and then a rabbit came running towards them.

"Ahhhh! Mina!" Chaeyoung screamed in the highest pitch that surprised Mina more than the rabbit running towards them.

"Ohh god!" Mina groaned as Chaeyoung jumped and clinged to her, she's now carrying the princess bridal style, luckily she has quick reflexes and caught the princess.

"It's just a rabbit my lady.. you're so loud." Mina irritatedly said as she looked at the princess who's closing her eyes tightly and shivering in fear, Mina just smiled at the sight.

"I-is it gone?" Chaeyoung asked still closing her eyes and not planning to open it unless the rabbit is gone.

"Come on little rabbit.. go away before my arms die carrying this big child." Mina said with her softest voice as she used her foot to shoo away the rabbit gently.