Chapter 15: I'm sorry

"I like someone and that someone.. is not you."

Chaeyoung should've known better, but this is the only way. No more lies.

Dahyun just closed her eyes and trying her best not to let those god damn tears fall.

"I should've not bother to confess, i knew it'll be like this.. why did i even said those words?" Dahyun said as she stood up and collected all her clothes.

It's so easy to gather her clothing, but not the broken pieces of her scattered hopes and heart.

Chaeyoung sat up and looked at Dahyun. Her gaze turned pity. As she's still trying her best to compose the right words to tell Dahyun. She's afraid to hurt her even more.

"Dahyun.. i-i'm sorry." After seconds of thinking, those are the only words Chaeyoung decided to say.

And as of Dahyun, she didn't bother to look back and just started to wear her clothing back.

"Sorry? For what?" Dahyun chuckles bitterly.

But even with all the fake laughter, Chaeyoung could hear the latter sniffing, she assumes that she must be pouring tears right now.

"Do you pity me? Sorry? Really Chaeyoung?!" Dahyun screamed at Chaeyoung's face. And the princess was right.. Dahyun is indeed crying.

"I thought we're making love from all those time we shared! I even gave you my body because you said you needed it! I was there when you need someone, but you.. where were you? You left me falling. And guess what? I thought i was landing on you, but i landed on the ground that's so hard! it shattered me and my heart into pieces."

Dahyun started to let all the unsaid words out, and that really stabbed Chaeyoung. It's all true, and all she can do is to listen, there is no point to argue anymore.

She can't fix this. It's beyond her own control, she can't just tell herself to love someone who she doesn't even feel a thing for.

"I fell for you Chaeyoung.. i want your love, but even though i know i won't ever receive it.. i still tried to give you mine. And though i tried my best to not love you.. i can't! I just can't Chaeyoung!"

Chaeyoung just kept silent and didn't let out a single word.

"Helping you was the worst decision I've ever made.." Dahyun said and left Chaeyoung in her room.

Chaeyoung felt bad for Dahyun, she should've told her earlier that she has no feelings for her.

She didn't know that's how much Dahyun loves her, she's not aware of the latter's feelings for her. Call her dense, but she never noticed a thing.

"You did her wrong Chaeyoung.. so wrong." she said as she closed her eyes and placed her arm on her face.

"I just lost her, and it's my fault."

She hated herself for telling those words to Dahyun, but it's the only way she could let the latter know her true feelings. She doesn't want to lie, really, and because she's her only friend. But now she's gone.

When they were kids they totally stick together like glue, they were friends all the way. And that what hurts Dahyun the most,

They are only friends..

Nothing more,

Nothing less.

"Ahhh!" Chaeyoung shouted, she tripped on a stick while running, Dahyun and her were playing tag.

"Oh no! my lady, your knee is bleeding." Dahyun worries as she saw Chaeyoung laying on the ground, so she immidietly approach her and blew where the wound is.