Chapter 31: Sunrise

"Are the guards near?" Said Momo.
It's dark, and it's the perfect time to initiate the long awaited plan.

"They look busy enough." Chaeyoung replies, seeing that there aren't guards really roaming around the garden.

Momo contemplates, "Are you sure?" She asked. Well, when it's everything that's at risk.. she just have to make sure.

Chaeyoung sighed. Like why would Momo think she's not saying the truth? "Yes I'm sure, so go and pick it now! We gotta leave this place as soon as we can because if not we-"

"Done." Momo interupts.

"Oh." Chaeyoung was dumbfounded. She saw Momo's hand, and there was the flower of dawn; so sacred, so precious, and so rare. The colors of it is bursting bright from the darkness that's illuminating them, and it's just there laying on Momo's hands.

The plan has finally come to life. They smoothly got the flower with no hindrance, and that's good.. that's what they've been hoping for from the start. And Momo couldn't be more happier than this, seeing her mother smile with no pain, and seeing Mina happy is all she wants in her life. It's what she calls enough, she'll definitely be contended by that, no more could compare, and she wouldn't ask for anything more.

Momo smiles as she thinks about it. "Then let's go." She spoke.

Chaeyoung nods, and Momo is right.. they shouldn't be slacking like this, time is on their way. With that being said, there's 47 more minutes till the flower dies.

"Alright, but quietly." The princess reminds.

Momo agrees with a subtle nod, "Okay my lady. Little footsteps. Wait.. have you got the cloth?"

"Yeah, here." Chaeyoung gave Momo the said cloth and  they wrap the flower with it, securing with a careful knot close.

Momo looks up, "Okay good. Let's go."

From their hurried tracks, something suddenly made it stop.

"Wait is that?"

"Smoke?" Chaeyoung spoke.

"I think it's something more than smoke." Momo squints her eyes,"Could it be fire?"  She gulps as she asked.

Chaeyoung's eyes bulge out, hee chest tightened from the idea. "The palace is burning!" She shouts.

The two looked at each other and just from that single glance, they knew where they should be heading.

So without wasting another precious second, they rush until their feet brought them where they see the main cause of the smoke polluting the air.

But on their way, someone had stopped them. "Why are you two running? Is that? Wait- the flower!" Dahyun utters, she saw the flickering glow of the said flower and she's now curious why it's being held by the princess and her guard.

"Dahyun the palace is in flames, haven't you notice?" Chaeyoung exclaimed, she's panicking.

Dahyun's suspicion had come to end after that. She can deal for whatever Chaeyoung and Minhyuk was planning with the flower of dawn later, the word flames had caught every bit of her attention.

"Wait.. mother! Mother is inside!" She said, already at the edge of crying. Worse has it, what if her mother died from the fire?

"Father is inside too." Chaeyoung's voice was steady, but no one could deny how broken it felt coming out of her trembling lips.

"Dahyun no!"

Dahyun, due to the adrenaline, had gone insane and ran away from them. She's going towards the burning palace without any plans or what so. Her mind is captive by how she'll get her mother safe and sound. The undeniable love of a daughter had emerged from her system, and there's no way of stopping her.