Chapter 12: Fortune

'She's been ill for the entire day, we consult a healer.. and she said it's already impossible to heal such sickness. But she did mention this flower that'll cure her.'

Momo had came to her that day, saying it's an emergency. And she couldn't shake the thought off. Her mother needs to get better, no one should die while she's witnessing it again.

'Tell me where does this flower is located.'

"My lady..?" A voice said as a knocking sound followed it, Chaeyoung opened her eyes from the noise and realized that she slept again.

"Who is it?" The princess asked.

"It's me Minho, i was just wondering if you're there in your room." Mina said then Chaeyoung stood up and opened the door to talk better to the latter.

"I am here, why?" Chaeyoung asked as she's rubbing her eyes and yawned still sleepy.

"That's all i want to know my lady, I can't find you anywhere and i just need to guard you, it's my duty." Mina said and smiled at the girl trying so hard to forget about what happened between them.

"I see, don't you want to come in? You'll be bored just standing there." Chaeyoung said as she gestured Mina to come in and stepped aside for Mina to enter, even though Mina is very hesitant to go inside.. she still entered, she doesn't want to weirded the princess out that may lead to some misunderstanding.

"I'll be good outside my lady.. but if you insisted." Mina said as she continued to walk inside the room, she roam her eyes around and it's still the same feeling she had last time but this time.

She remembers some memories, the memories that sends shivers down her spine, even if she wants to forget about it.. it still bothers her.

It's too unforgettable.

"Are you better now my lady?" Mina initiated the conversation as Chaeyoung closed the door behind her.

"I feel much better.. thanks to you." then Chaeyoung sat down on her bed and Mina couldn't do anything but to just gulped at the words that the girl has letten go.

"N-no need to be thankful for it my lady, I-it was part of my duty.." Mina uttered as she started to whisper the words as it goes out of her mouth.

"I think.." Mina whispered underneath her breath.

"Now that you mention duties.. i need you to learn something inside this palace." Chaeyoung said as she looked at Mina.

"What is it my lady?" Mina said while hundreds of thoughts are running around her head chasing one another.

"Follow me to find out." the princess said and gave Mina an assuring smile.

But somehow, it's a smile that mina isn't certain about. Is it a good one? Or a bad one? She can't pin point it just yet, the princess could be a mystery herself sometimes, and it only made Mina anxious.

"Why are yo-" Mina uttered slowly but fast enough for Chaeyoung to stop her from continuing, Mina's heart skipped a beat at the time she saw the younger is going towards the bathroom.

"I'll just wash my face, what are you so nervous about?" Chaeyoung said half chuckled as she saw Mina's cute yet attracting reaction.

"O-ohh, sorry my lady.. i-i have sinned, sorry for thinking bad at you." Mina said and bowed at the princess, Chaeyoung finds Mina very respectful but adorable at the same time, she giggled and as soon as mina lifted her face up.. Chaeyoung poker her face again.

"Wait there and I'll be back." Chaeyoung said and Mina just nodded as a response.

The time had passed and Chaeyoung finally went out of the bathroom and saw mina looking around the black and white photos hanging on the wall.