Chapter 13: Flower of dawn

In the garden, located in the palace, where it only grows; the flower of dawn. It can heal any kinds of illness, from the mildest to the most severe sickness there is!

And the only thing you'll do to make this antidote work, is to mix the flower petals on a cup of warm water and drink it at one go for it to be effective.

But the legends says, that the flower of dawn should be consumed before an hour after getting it off from its stem, or else it'll be useless.

Or worse! It may lead to the consumer's death. The flower of dawn is very effective yet very dangerous too, if someone consumed it after the given time, it'll be nothing but poisonous.

"Mother.." Momo uttered as she shaked her body back to life.

"A-am i dead?" She asked and Momo just do not know what to do anymore, until a tear escaped her eyes. She needs to call Mina fast, her mother is almost at the peak. She might not last long.

It's been just days since the diagnosis, but the effect is getting extremely worst faster than she could ever imagine.

Momo sighed, "Stay here mother, I'll call Mina. Don't move a muscle.. drink this first and I'll be back." Momo said as she handed out the bamboo filled with water, and helped her to drink it and after that she immidietly ran to reach the palace.

Momo traveled to reach out to Mina, it wasn't really a long walk.. because just a few minutes, she already arrived at the gates of the palace.

"Can i ask for M-Minho?"

Momo asked one of the guards and she almost utter the name wrong.. good thing she acted fast to correct it. She tsked and grits her teeth, that was surely a close one.

The guard approached her, "Minho? The princess's special guard?" The guard asked and Momo simply nodded.

The guard told their leader and sent the message successfully to Mina. And soon enough, Momo saw the sight of Mina heaidng towards her.

"What brings you here?" Mina asked. While silently paying inside her mind that she only wants to hear good news, and no more about her mother's situation.

Momo sighed deeply, and from there.. Mina had predicted it. "It's mother." She uttered.

With a worried face, Mina's heart started to beat in a bad pattern, it's nothing but pumps of worrying and sadness. She quickly hold onto Momo's hand and dragged her to go to her mother as quick as they can.

She couldn't shake the thought off, and her eyes opened wide with grief. "What happened to her?" Mina asked as they're are both running and running out of air as well.

"She's very weak Mina, she's getting weaker day by day."

Momo's explanation stabbed another piercing truth inside her heart. And Mina is on the brink of crying but decides to hide it, and bury the tears deep in. She doesn't want to show her weak side to anyone, especially to her mother.

Her mother deserves the world, and Mina knows that her mother doesn't deserve to see those embarrassing tears. She needs to be tougher than this.

After a lot of running that made their sweat shred, they reached where her mother is.

It was beyond painful, from sight, ears and everything. Mina witnessed how weak her mother is, and heard her short pants too. And it did damage to her being, it sounds very awful. She just want to make it stop.

Laying on the bed, eyes shut and mouth slightly opened, now heavily breathing and holding for dear life.

"Mother!" Mina shouted as she rushed into her mother's side.