Chapter 26: Unexpected guest

"Argh! My head!" The king groaned as nanny gave her the potion for his head aches.

"If you just drank the potion earlier just like i told you to, you won't feel anything right after." Mrs. Kim stated as the king finally drank the potion.

"Why does it taste so bad?" The king asked as he finish drinking the potion nanny gave her.

"Because it came from the rarest flowers in the kingdom my king, and it contains herbs that's not that easy to grow." nanny explained and the king just gave her the empty potion bottle.

"After a few weeks your head ache will slowly disappear my king.." nanny said and smiled as she took the bottle.

"I hope so, but make sure to find another guard for the princess.. I don't want another escaping news again." the king ordered and nanny just bowed at the king and left his room.

Nanny talked to one of the guards to find a worthy guard for Chaeyoung to replace Mina's spot.

--

"Mina?!" Momo jolted as she saw Mina from afar, she's currently cooking fish that she caught from the lake for her mother and her to share this evening.

"Mo!" Mina ran until she reached momo, she hugged the latter and cried on her shoulder.

"What happened? Mina.." Momo asked but Mina was too emotional and couldn't stop crying.

"M-momo.." Mina sobbed and still can't say any words to explain her current situation.

"Let's get you inside first." Momo said as she patted Mina's back.

The two went inside the hut, Mina saw her mother and still at laying down her bed.. completely out of strength. She's thinner this time.

It only added another torn that stab her heart as she saw that her mother's situation is just getting worse and worse.

She covered her mouth to not wake her mother up from her continues sobs.

Momo handed her a chair and let her sit on it, when mina finally gathered herself she then spoke.

"Momo.. i got kicked out of the palace." mina mumbles and Momo's eyes widened.

"What?! Why? Mina.. what happened?" Momo showered Mina with questions.

"I-i messed up." Mina said and sighed.

"Remember the night i came here with the princess? Well.. we got caught, and now I'm paying for my wrong doings." Mina added and let out another deep sigh.

"What now? Mother? She's getting worse." Momo said but still trying to control her voice to not wake their sleeping mother.

Mina just sat there in silence.

"You know what? I'll do it, i don't know why.. but your taking so long at this." Momo then said with a hint of anger and disappointment on her voice.

"You? But how?" Mina asked and focused looking at Momo.

"I'll do the exact method you did, I'll pretend to be a man." Momo said with sure words, she really is decided. She can't bear seeing her mother at this state, she wants her mother to be able to gain her energy again.

"Are you sure? But you do have the strength, i think you'll get in." Mina said that encourage Momo even more.

"Right. I'll go now, we'll switch duties. Wait for me." Momo explained and mina can't do anything but to agree on the latter's decision.

She failed at getting the flower but she hopes, she hopes that Momo will succeed.

"Keep safe Momo, I'll take care of mother." Mina said as she stood up and patted Momo's back.