12

Hwanwoong leaned his bare back on the tiled wall of the shower while the water is raining down on him. His hair quickly got soaked and his body got wet by the lukewarm liquid. His mind was filled with many thoughts of the things that was troubling him.

He could barely hold himself from shouting at Youngjo when he faced him earlier. He is still so angry. He wanted answers so bad of how could he do this to him. When did he ever fail to show and make him feel how much he loves him?

He let his tears fall down and muffled his sobs with the sound of the running water. He's so much in pain, his heart was aching so bad like anytime it's going to stop beating. Half of him wished he never met Youngjo if this is going to happen anyways.

While half of him didn't want to believe what he witnessed and wanted to convince himself that he would never do that to him.

He really loves Youngjo but could he really choose to stay blinded by that and stay with him no matter what?

That's fucking ridiculous.

He shook his head. They've been together for five years— for fucking five years! He risked and sacrificed a lot of things just to be with him then this is what he gets after all? Bullshit!

He washed his eyes and face and started cleaning his body too with the body wash then shampooed his pink hair. He couldn't just sit and wait until things would break him into pieces. He needs to do something for himself too.

How could he realize that just now? He should've done this since the beginning so no one could've stepped down at him. But could he blame himself for being so weak and afraid to fight back then?

After he was done, he dried himself up and wore his comfortable clothes before going downstairs. He found Youngjo sitting on the sofa, reading his favorite book that he already read countless times.

Hearing Hwanwoong's footsteps, the dark haired man lifted his head from looking down at the pages. "Oh, you're done?" he asked, smiling.

The younger guy curtly nodded with a hum then went to the kitchen. Youngjo's smile fell down at the short response as he kept his eyes on his figure that disappeared to the other room.

He found Hwanwoong's behaviour very unusual. His boyfriend would normally smile back at him, give a few comments and stay interested even at the most nonsense things he'd say.

Youngjo couldn't stand him looking so down and lifeless. He closed the book on his hands, putting it back to the shelf where he took it then followed Hwanwoong to the kitchen.

•~•~•

Hwanwoong placed the washed vegetables on a clean container before he started slicing and cutting them into their desired sizes when he felt a paired of arms snaked their way to his waist and wrapped them there.

Soon, Youngjo also laid his chin on his shoulder making him stop what he's doing. "Babe..." he called, his raspy low voice caused his ears to tingle and sent chills to his body. "Is everything alright?"

Is everything alright? Of course not. How can he be alright after finding out he's cheating on him? He could laugh it off and pretend that he's fine but it would hurt more if he'd continue bottling up his emotions.

He hummed, "Yeah, I'm okay. How was your work, by the way? Did anything happen?" at the end, he still chose to keep wearing his mask. He attempted to change the topic so he could still deal with him.

His simple questions made Youngjo stop for a moment. The memory of him making love with Jennie haunted him. Knowing that she now also love him made him feel even more worse.

In which reminded him, he needs to get rid of her as soon as possible before he'd get caught.

"It was fine. I had less work to do so I came home early." he said, watching Hwanwoong who continued cutting the vegetables.

"Oh, okay. That's... good to hear." he forced a smile though he can't see it fully, just so he could get him fooled that he's still the same Hwanwoong that he saw everyday.

"What about you? Which friend were you with earlier?"

_____________________________

Since I love y'all so much, I'll be doing double update again so yeah, go ahead and scroll to the next chapter :)

UNEDITED