26

Meanwhile, Youngjo was there, still on his knees that are probably numb and aching by this time yet he could only care less. His swollen eyes that were filled with nothing but sadness and pain, stared at the door where Hwanwoong walked out of his life.

He lost him.

If he could have been a better man for him, for sure, Hwanwoong would still be with him. They would have been still here, cuddling on the couch while watching movies and sharing kisses. He guessed, that will never happen again...

He heaved a sigh, burying his face on his hands. Why does he have to be this stupid? Everything was so perfect until he messed up with a single mistake then he repeatedly did it again. Now, he regrets doing them.

If only he could turn back time... but sadly, he can't.

He was deep in his thoughts that he didn't hear the doorbell rang. When it rang for a few more times, he quickly got up and stumbled to the door. He wished that Hwanwoong is the one standing on his doorstep but unfortunately, he isn't.

A familiar woman who's smiling widely at him greeted him. "Hey, Youngjo!" she hugged him yet he was too disappointed to even return the gesture. She let go of him and noticed the lifeless expression on his face.

Her smile also falters, "Baby, what's wrong? Did you cry? Your eyes are so red..." her warm hands held his cold cheeks and her thumb brushed the dry traces of his tears.

He takes off her hands from him, "How did you know where I live?" he asked.

"Oh, your friend told me–"

"Leave." she stops what she was saying and looked at him in surprise.

"What? But–"

"Just leave, Jennie!... Please, just leave me alone for now." she was taken aback from his sudden outburst. "I need some time on my own." he whispered with his head low.

Jennie's eyes stared at him worriedly but gave up insisting to stay. She nervously rubbed her arm, "O-okay... You can call me if you need me, I'll be there for you." by that, she left though she was hesitant.

Without sparing a single glance at her, he waited for her footsteps to disappear before he slammed the door close. He was guilty for shouting at her but he doesn't really want to deal with her right now. Hwanwoong is the one that he needs, not her.

Youngjo headed upstairs to the bedroom where they used to sleep together and sat at the edge of the bed. The picture frame on the bedside table caught his attention and he held it on his hands.

It was the picture of him and Hwanwoong during their very first date. They were so happy that time which shows on the smiles on their faces. The tips of his fingers ran on the glass of the frame and smiled bitterly then he laid down.

The white linen bedsheets smelled like Hwanwoong. Soft and mild yet manly scent, kind of reminds him of the day between spring and summer. It wasn't even a day that have passed but he already missed him so badly. He missed the warmth of his embrace that always sends comfort to him.

Yet that warmth now cooled down, like the leftovers that was left cold on the living room's table since last night.

•~•~•

Five years earlier...

It's been a week since Hwanwoong's interaction with their professional choreographer, Jung Hoseok. He started practicing even more harder to become like him one day and inspire people too.

Today, he'll be meeting the new trainees of the dance class and he will be leading them just like what Mr Jung told him since he won't be there to observe them starting this month.

He arrived at the building just in time before the students starts to come and unlocked the doors of a particular room. He switched the lights on, lighting up the wide and almost empty dance practice room.

He could see his reflection on the wall sized mirrors and he honestly doesn't look the best right now. His hair was still sticking out in every direction and his newly washed clothes were crumpled since he was in a hurry earlier.

He accidentally overslept and woke up late that he didn't even get to eat his breakfast so he just grabbed a granola bar on his way to the bus station. He huffed a breath before he brushed his soft locks with his fingers and straightened the crumples of his clothes.

After that, he started setting up the speakers that they'd be using. He heard some faint voices and footsteps echoing from the hallways and they soon became louder until they entered the room.

Unfamiliar faces greeted Hwanwoong and he welcomed them in. "I'm assuming that you're all the new trainees?"

"Yes, sir." they formally responded which made him smile. "No need to be formal, we're almost just at the same age. Call me, Hwanwoong instead." they nodded their head and returned the smile.

"Before we start, let me tell you some basic rules that you need to follow starting of tomorrow. One, be on time before our practice starts—" the door opens again and entered a guy panting hard like he'd ran a marathon.

"I-i'm... I'm sorry, I'm late!" he bowed at him. "It won't happen again." Hwanwoong gestures him to join the small class with a considerate nod.

"It's okay. I'll let you slip this time since today's just for introductions and stuffs. So as I was saying, don't be late. Two, be kind and courteous towards your fellow classmates. Three, be responsible for your belongings. Four, any kinds of bullying are strictly prohibited and will never be tolerated."

He stops for a moment to breath then placed his hands behind his back, "Lastly, respect one another and that'll be including me. If you want me to respect you then you should do that to me too. It's as simple as that."

"My name is Yeo Hwanwoong, by the way and I'll be your substitute teacher/choreographer for the month while Mr Jung is away. Now," he clasped his hands together on his chest level. "Let's get to the introduction of the class, shall we?"

The whole time that Hwanwoong was talking in front, he barely noticed someone's gaze locked on him by the first time he laid his eyes on him. The man studied Hwanwoong's features from his head to his cheap converse, still in awe of how perfect he could look even though the clothes that his wearing was not that descent to his fashion sense.

He soon stopped secretly checking out on him when he made an eye contact with him. Hwanwoong smiled at the stranger. "What about you? What's your name?" he asked, now the attention of the students were on him.

He cleared his throat, "Kim Youngjo."

And that's how their eventful love story started.

_____________________________

I thought I published this yesterday but it turns out that I only clowned myself. Damn it.

Guys, I have a new girl crush— you probably don't care but snksskjskskwlsj da heck am I blushing wtf

UNEDITED