28

(Long chapter ahead! I didn't do proofread since I'm reolli busy ㅠㅠ please bare with me. Hope you'll enjoy♡)

After all these past months that Youngjo haven't seen any single glimpse of Hwanwoong, he finally gets to see him now but not in the way he wished to.

Seeing Hwanwoong with another guy, all of the pain and guilt came back to him though it had always haunted him in his sleep every night ever since the day Hwanwoong left him. It had always kept him up til early in the morning.

He never thought that the breakup would cause him this much struggle and it was so hard to endure. He had always longed to have him back in his arms and never let go again but due to the situation he's trapped in, it's not easy for him to do that.

It's either he'd keep on approaching Hwanwoong, beg him to come back to him until he agrees and he'd find out all about Jennie or he'd stay away from Hwanwoong so he wouldn't know about his secret that he kept from him and wouldn't get him hurt again.

It's all up to him to either ruin Hwanwoong's now peaceful life or leave him be.

Hurting Hwanwoong is the last thing he'd want to do. He would only make him run away further from him if ever that would happen. Hwanwoong is only a few meters away from him. He's so close yet so far to reach.

Dongju could feel Youngjo's longing stare at him and Hwanwoong. He saw him first and invited Hwanwoong to leave with him before he would take a notice of Youngjo's existence. He can't let the two ex lovers reunite this time.

If he would let them see each other, Hwanwoong's healing heart won't recover anymore and it would continue to break. Dongju can't risk to see him suffer.

When they reached his car, he opened the passenger's seat for the pink haired guy and he thanked him. Dongju could only smile at him and went to his seat before driving out of the airport.

Distance. Dongju had to keep an extreme gap between them. As far as possible, as long as they can't make an eye contact and wouldn't feel each others presence.

But if he'd think about it again... isn't he being selfish? For giving too much effort on keeping them away from each other and having Hwanwoong all by himself? He shook his head, his hold tightening on the stirring wheel.

No. All he wanted was the best for him. He wanted to protect him from being hurt, there's nothing wrong with that. But if it's fate's plan to let them cross each others path, then he had nothing to do with that anymore.

Good thing, Hwanwoong had his attention outside the opened window of the car, getting entertained by the places they pass by so he didn't notice the sudden tense of Dongju. His fluffy pink hair was being blown by the wind and he liked it.

Even though it was cold, he can't deny that he loved how he felt so free right now. It's like all of the heaviness that he was carrying on his shoulder finally disappeared. The pounding pain in his chest also vanished.

Hwanwoong had never felt this freedom when he was with Youngjo. He only felt it when he's with Dongju, now that he's with him. He opened his eyes from enjoying the moment and glance at Dongju who had his eyes on the road.

When the younger guy felt his gaze, he turned his head to his direction and didn't hesitate to offer Hwanwoong a warm smile. Hwanwoong could hear his own heartbeat behind his ears. They were so loud.

By that time, he came into a conclusion that maybe Dongju is the one he needed all the time. Maybe, he's actually the right guy for him. Maybe...

•~•~•