22

The dark haired man stared at Dongju's back as he walked to the elevator. He entered there, pressing a button before he faced his front and he made an eye contact with him. None of them showed any expression as they just looked at each other with many thoughts inside their head.

When the metal doors fully closed and the elevator started to take Dongju down to the first floor, Youngjo released a breath that he unintentionally held in for a while. Though he's now capable in breathing normally, the heavy feeling on his chest didn't go away.

It remained there as his heart pounded louder that he could hear it echoing behind his ears. He'd be lying if he'd say that he wasn't bothered by everything Dongju had said cause right now, he's nervous and scared that he might tell Hwanwoong every single thing that he knew about his betrayal.

He thought that Dongju actually knew about it. But what he doesn't know is that Hwanwoong had already caught him. He doesn't know what's going to come to him later on or maybe tomorrow. He's not prepared and remained clueless of the things going around him since he was too clouded by his situation with Jennie.

Not to mention that he was unprepared by the sudden pregnancy of his woman and now, he had to take responsibility for the child. There's a lot more of problems for him to solve though, not just these ones.

He had to talk to Hwanwoong about it, everything about it. It's no use of hiding the truth from him anymore because no matter what happens, he'd find out about it mostly because the child will soon be born and will grow up.

But how? He knows that this won't be easy for Hwanwoong to take in. Of course, he'd be heartbroken and mad but what scared Youngjo the most is the fact that Hwanwoong is going to break up with him and leave him.

If ever that happens, he shouldn't blame him for doing so. It was his own fault that he got himself in this horrifying roller coaster ride anyways. He shouldn't have bought a ticket from the devil. It's too late for him to take it back since the consequences have already started being played on the stage.

The audience are now watching the things unfold and they are waiting for the drama to open the doors to the plot of the play. They debated with themselves inside their head wether to expect a happy or a sad ending. Youngjo silently prayed to himself, hoping that he'd get to make everything right.

If he'd fail... he doesn't know anymore of what he could do to his life if he'd lose Hwanwoong.

•~•~•

Hwanwoong groaned, clenching his eyes close when he felt the throbbing pain of his head, making him feel like his world is going upside down. His hands made their way to his temples, massaging them for a while before he opened his eyes back open.

He's laying on sofa with his cool outfit still on. How did he end up there? He sat up and looked around the living room. He took a glance at the window and it was still dark outside so that means it's still pass midnight. He tried recalling what happened to him awhile ago and remembered Dongju driving him home.

Then after that, they kissed— wait what?! Hwanwoong's eyes widened, his hand touched his lower lip. "W-we what?" he asked no one in particular and he felt his face getting warm. Did they actually kissed? Like... kiss kiss?

He stood up and stumbled to the bathroom of their bedroom to wash his face and wake up from his delusions. No matter how many times he tried getting rid of the thought, it doesn't go away. It felt so real. They really kissed, did they?

He reached out for the towel to wipe off the water from face before exiting the bathroom only to find Youngjo sitting on the edge of the bed. He slightly flinched and silently sighed. He thought he was a ghost or something for a second.