24

As soon as Hwanwoong locked the door, he let himself fall down on the floor. His trembling knees weren't able to keep him standing up straight anymore. He pulled his knees close to his chest as he muffled his sobs and cried on his folded arms.

The pain that was throbbing in every beat of his heart was unbearable. He can't take it. He'd rather say goodbye to this world than to deal with this ache in every heartbreak that he encounters. Being heartbroken is one of the worst things that ever happened to him.

One of the things that he's afraid of and tried to avoid but it seems like no matter how hard he tries, it would still happen to him again and again.

It's funny how he thought that Youngjo would always love him truly and would stay loyal to him until the end. He guess, that was all just in his head. He had always thought that maybe he's different from all of the people he have met but, that was just in his dreams.

Maybe Hwanwoong was the one who fooled himself all the time. He chose to believe what he thought things would be and how they'd work. He convinced himself that Youngjo isn't the person that people thinks he is.

So... is it his fault that he expected too much from Youngjo?

Of course, yes and no. He shouldn't have expected Youngjo to be perfect, he's just a human just like him. But Youngjo is the one at fault on most of these because if he really loved Hwanwoong, he wouldn't find any other person to fulfill his desires.

If you're pointing out that Hwanwoong lacked of something from Youngjo that's why he cheated on him, you're so fucking wrong. Being in a serious relationship with someone is not all about sex and giving everything that they wanted but it's all about love.

Hwanwoong loved him and only him. One thing he was wrong about was when he slowly forgot to love himself too. While for Youngjo... maybe, he really did love Hwanwoong but he didn't love him enough.

Youngjo leaned his back on the other side of the door and sat down. The pillow that Hwanwoong threw at him was laying beside him. His heart clenched when he heard his boyfriend crying and he couldn't help but to cry too.

This is so messed up and it's no one else's fault but him.

•~•~•

The new day soon came not so long after the lovers fought. The warm light from the rising sun went through the transparent glass of the windows and lit up the whole bedroom since they forgot to cover them with the curtains.

The pink haired man shifted on his sleep, groaning in annoyance after the bright light disturbed him from his slumber. He opened his puffy eyes and squinted them again to adjust his vision from the blinding light then sat up on the bed.

He saw the blankets and pillows were on the floor, making him confused for a while before he finally get to recall what happened last night. After kicking Youngjo out of their room and lashing his anger on the first things he saw, he let himself rest on the bed without any pillows or even a blanket to keep him warm.

That explains why he felt so cold. Stupid him.

He rubbed his hands on his bare arms before he stood up and walked to the door. When he was about to open it, he stopped again, realizing that if he'd go out he'll be facing Youngjo again and he didn't want that. He didn't want to see him or either talk to him. Not yet.

What happened last night was still hurting him and if he'd talk to him, he might not be able to control himself and burst out again. He sighed, running his fingers on his soft pink locks. His teeth nibbled on his lower lip as he stared at the white painted door, debating to himself wether he should open it or not.

A few minutes passed by, he found himself holding the doorknob with his right hand and twisted it open. Once the door opened, Youngjo fell on the floor since he was leaning his back on it the whole time. The man woke up from his uncomfortable sleep and lifted himself from the floor.

He looked like he haven't slept at all and waited for him to come out from the moment he forbade him to enter their room. Hwanwoong avoided his tired eyes that glanced at him and just walked away downstairs.

Of course Youngjo followed him there, nervously pursing his lips every now and then. "H-hwanwoong..." he called him but the other male ignored him, getting himself a cold water to drink from the refrigerator.

"Can we please talk this out?" he sighed, sitting on one of the stools on the counter. "Please..."

Hwanwoong drank down the water though it was not enough to calm his nerves down. "I know, you're still mad at me but please hear me out first. Let me explain—" he was cut off when something harshly flew passed him, almost hitting his head and the next thing he knew, a sound of crashing glass echoed in the room.

His eyes widened in shock and gasped while Hwanwoong was glaring daggers at him, his hands that was holding the glass of water moments ago were now clenched on his sides. "Explain? What is there to explain, Youngjo?" he asked him as he said his name, full of hatred.

"That you didn't mean to cheat on me? Is that it?" he scoffed. "I might be dense and naive but I'm not that much of an idiot to believe any excuses from you anymore."

"You don't understand—"

"Shut up! And if you really loved me, you would have still thought of me no matter how you are being tempted!" he snatched off the necklace from his neck that Youngjo gifted him before and threw it at him.

"We're over."

________________________________

First of all, I'm really sorry for not updating ㅠㅠ bruh, I really panicked when I can't open my acc but luckily, I've recovered it.

Then I received a lot of good and bad news. Bad news; some readers messaged me about someone plagiarizing my books—this isn't the first time and it isn't surprising anymore but I'm still very disappointed. The suspect was being handled by Wattpad so no worries.

Good news is that many people still appreciates my works and I'm very much thankful for that. I love you guys so much♡

Get ready for the next chapters and ofc the cb of our kings tomorrow! Let's do our best to give ONEUS their first win! (It's so hard being a multi stanㅠㅠ it's NCT Dream's cb today and I— nvm)

UNEDITED