13

Honestly, Hwanwoong is not a very good liar. He didn't like lying at all but he had to do it this time. I mean, he didn't lie when he said that he met up with a friend or should I say, ex friends? He did met up with Keonhee and Seoho. What's not true is that he shared drinks with someone.

The way that Youngjo asked the question to him made him smirk internally. He knew that tone of his voice, he knows it everytime he's jealous or something. An idea clicked inside Hwanwoong's mind.

He'd try to get back at him by making him suffer in jealousy. That's so mean to do but he badly wanted to make him feel how he's feeling right now. But would that actually be a good idea? What if it doesn't work?

Well, we'll never know if we never try.

"I told you, it was just a friend from my highschool." he tried to sound unbothered by his question and kept himself calm as possible.

Youngjo frowned, taking off his arms from him and let go of his own embrace. "Yeah, I know but who is it? Like, what's his name?" he asked, leaning his left arm and elbow on the island counter, waiting for an answer.

Hwanwoong could imagine himself grinning in his mind but he kept his face blank and expressionless. What if he'd mention someone that he used to like from his past, would that trigger Youngjo?

"Dongju." he bluntly lied, reaching for another carrot from the container then started slicing it. The dark haired man's eyes widened slightly, staring deeply into his boyfriend's soul as he tried to study him.

His prolonged silence made Hwanwoong satisfied, knowing that what he did actually pulled a string from him. "Dongju? Son Dongju?" he asked him, brows furrowed that almost made him look like he's glaring at Hwanwoong.

The younger man nodded, placing all the vegetables that he sliced aside and started to cook. "Yes." his short response isn't enough for him. He wanted him to elaborate things, tell him what they talked about and the things they did.

Not only did he knew that Hwanwoong used to like Dongju but also he knew that he's Hwanwoong's first love. Dongju's the one that he mostly envy even when he and Hwanwoong wasn't still together.

Dongju is such a young and perfect guy. No wonder many people likes him including Hwanwoong. For Youngjo, he's nothing compared to Dongju.

Youngjo still couldn't believe that Hwanwoong is with him now, he's his. He thought Hwanwoong would never like a guy like him but here they are, living under the same roof, in love with each other... or are they really?

"And what did you do with him?" he pressed, trying to know more about their encounter.

"Nothing much. We just talked, catch up with some things then went for a few drinks. That's all." he simply said but he didn't fully believe him.

•~•~•

No matter how hard Youngjo tried to fish any information from Hwanwoong, he'd always fail since he was always answered with a nod, shake his head and short simple answers. So he gave up after a few more attempts.

They both started eating dinner when Hwanwoong was done cooking. Youngjo would always try to open up a conversation but it seemed like Hwanwoong prefers not to talk at all which is really unusual.

Does his sudden change of behaviour has something to do with his meeting with Dongju? If yes, then that means that something did happen that he's not telling him.

Hwanwoong never hides anything from him and always tells him whatever was bothering him or what's on his mind. He's open minded with any topics that he'd talk about to him and tells him of what he thinks about it.

Youngjo was about to say something when his phone that was placed on the top of the table, next to him rang which caught both of their attention. Hwanwoong stopped midway on taking his food with his chopsticks and glanced at the noisy device before he continued eating like he's not interested.

Youngjo took the phone, looked at who the caller is before declining the call and placed back the phone to it's place. "Hwanwoong–" he was cut off again by the phone ringing the same loud ringtone.

"Answer it." Hwanwoong said making him look at him questioningly. "Pick it up. It might be important." he continued then chewed on his food.

The older guy sweat dropped, hesitating to answer it but slid the green button anyways and brought the phone close to his ear. "Hello?"

"Hello, baby! I'll be dropping off to your office tomorrow and let's have lunch together. That's okay to you, right?" he heard Jennie's voice from the other line.

"Uhm–"

"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye, I love you!" then the call ended before he could reject her. But he knew he can't just say her name in front of Hwanwoong.

Youngjo stared at the screen of his phone. Maybe tomorrow is the right time to end whatever is between him and her. Hopefully it is.

"Who was that?"

___________________________

UNEDITED