Chapter Eighteen

(Okay, since I wrote this underway I had no access to my book so I was not entirely sure on where the time line is here, so this chapter takes place on Friday exactly one week from the gala)

JAMISON

I knew as soon as Baxter slipped into little space. His body relaxed more into my arms and he snuggle closer, pretty much climbing into my lap. I didn't say anything, I just wrapped my arms around him and listened to him babble happily with the movie. I really wanted to get a video of him singing along with Perfect Isn't Easy in his little voice making the words slur together but I knew he wouldn't be to happy about it when he came out of little space. I laid another small kiss on his head making him let put a little squeal and look up at me.

"H-hiz" (Hi with a z at the end, not his as in his possession) He mumbled and ducked his head into my side turning his face towards the screen, the brightness illuminating his flushed cheeks. It didn't take long before he popped a thumb in his mouth making my chuckle softly. I pulled my small baby into my lap and knocked his hand away, making him give me a weak whine. He quickly quieted down when I offered my own. His soft lips wrapped around my thumb happily and his eyes were blown out making my wolf growl in content and lust. Down boy. I whispered as if Baxter could hear our mindlink as we watched our mate. He turned back to the movie using his small hands to keep mine in place as he watched the dogs on the screen. A small smile pulled up the corners of his mouth as he began to dozed off sucking on my thumb softly.

As soon as he fell he fell into a deep sleep and his breathing evened out, I turned off the movie and took away my hand. He simply scrunched his nose as he snuggled into my chest so I wrapped him in the blanket and stood up. I quietly carried him to my downstairs office and laid him down on the small couch in the corner. Not being able to help myself I opened a new binkie and pressed it against his lips. The small male accepted it happily, even in his sleep, making the blue paci bob.

Dax get in here please. But be quite, Baxter is asleep. I mindlinked my beta as I moved behind my desk.

Yes sir. Dax quickly replied and cut the link. It didn't take long for him to peek in the door his eyes catching my mate first. Luna is absolutely adorable. He mumbled as he snuck across the room and sat across from me.

"Yes he is." I replied out loud but in a hushed whisper. "Okay, so we need to figure out what we are going to do about the full moon gala. I cant just lock Baxter in the apartment, that's just to cruel. I cant take him out every night because I am required to stay here. He doesn't know about us so he cant go, not that I'd want him around those mongrels unmarked anyways. We have to figure this out, the Gala is in a week exactly." My voice became strained with stress as I spoke.

"Alpha, calm down. We will figure it out, even if he comes out with me and Ruby. Don't stress so much or you're going to get grey hairs. Your little mate has you wrapped around his finger already, everyone in this pack would gladly protect our Luna. Just spend your time with him, me and the boys will figure out the gala problem." He said back softly.

"Thank you Dax, you are an amazing Beta. I will trust you with this, but I will need an answer by Wednesday so I'm not just dropping it on him last minute. Thank you again." I sighed as I leaned back in my chair. "Speaking of Ruby, how is your mate? We haven't had the chance to sit down and hang out lately."

"She's doing great, we've even been talking about having kids!" He whisper yelled happily as his hazel eyes shined with happiness.

"That's wonderful! Though I don't know how I feel about little Dax's running around. Ruby might just rapidly age with that stress." I said jokingly earning myself a playfully glare from my Beta. "But seriously, I am happy for you guys. You guys should come over for dinner tomorrow, it'll be a nice change of pace."

"I'll talk to Ruby and let you know before hand if we'll be there." He responded and gave a small wave as he snuck out of the office. With the sound my mates soft breathing filling the empty room, I started on the neglected paperwork that stacked up in my inbox.

-Time Skip-

Three hours into paperwork Baxter let out a small whine, as he sat up and rubbed his eyes with closed fist. The blue paci bobbed in his mouth as he whined again, opening his eyes to look around. I quickly put down my pen and made my way to my mate, making his wide eyes focus on me.

"Hi babys." I cooed softly as crouched next to him. He let out a grumble and made grabby hands at me making me smile. "You're a clingy baby aren't you?" I said softly as I stood and picked up my mate. He blushed and hid his face in my neck but nodded in reply. I cooed softly at him and made sure to keep the blanket wrapped around him as I walked my office, waiting for him to come out of hiding. His tummy let out a low growl making him blush a deeper shade of red but pop his head up with large puppy dog eyes.

"Are you hungry baby boy?" I asked lightly. The little male whined tucking his head into my chest with a yawn before he nodded his head. "Okay sleepy head, I'll make you some food." He let out a little hum as he suckled on his paci, clinging to me happily. I peeked out of my office before walking out into the empty hallway. I carefully snuck up the stairs to my suite, happy I didn't run into anyone on the way up. I'm not ashamed of being a caregiver, my pack has known for a while that I am, but I knew if we were seen my baby wouldn't be to comfortable.

Once I was in my suite, I set Baxter on the floor in the living room making him spit out his paci and pout. When I didn't pick him back up he let out a loud whine and raised his arms.

"Up! Up!" He whined, tears automatically welling up in his eyes.

"Baby, I got to go make you food." I cooed softly in comfort but his tears welled up more and started to fall as he whined.

"UP!" He demanded then let out a sniffle as he began to cry.

"Baxter." I said in a warning tone making him fall quite only letting out small sniffles and whines. "If you are hungry I have to make food. I will let you sit on my lap when you eat but you have to behave. Okay?" I softened my voice but kept the warning edge as I spoke. He nodded his head and sniffled as his tears still fell. "Good boy." I ruffled his hair lightly as I gave him his paci back, before standing straight and making my way into the kitchen.

I felt bad for using my firm voice but I knew better that to let him think crying would get him exactly what he wants. I decided on chicken nuggets, knowing my little one likes them and they were quick and easy to make. It didn't take long for Baxter to crawl into the kitchen, paci in mouth, and the blanket dragging behind him. His cheeks were still flushed pink from his episode but he seemed to be calmed down as he wrapped himself in the blanket, sitting in the middle of the tiled floor. I couldn't help but smile at my sweet boy as I worked around him, and the look of pure excitement on his face when he saw what I was making melted my heart. After making a large plate of nuggets, I set them on the table and looked back at the small boy.

"Any sauce baby?" I asked as I picked him up.

"Ketup!" He said happily around his paci so I set him on my hip and made my way to the fridge to grab the ketchup. "NUGIES!" He squealed as I made my way back to the table. I smiled and sat down positioning him on my lap so he could eat before putting a small amount of ketchup on the side of the plate. We quickly began to eat, me in silence and Baxter giggling in happiness as he dunked each nugget. My wolf and I couldn't be happier watching our mate and just being able to hold him.

Ours. My pretty much purred through the mindlink.

Ours. I replied.