Chapter Thirteen

BAXTER

I let out a little hum as the comforting darkness was pulled away from me. The soft bed below me made me relax and fight to go back to sleep but the nagging in the back of my brain won't stop. I heard rustling beside me so I opened my eyes to look at a handsome male sleeping uncomfortably in the chair beside the bed. My breath hitched when I realized I wasn't home causing the man to jump awake. He quickly looked around the room as if searching for a threat before his eyes landed on me. Once our gazes met I was hypnotized, his sage green eyes stared into mine and his petal pink lips pulled into a smile. His black hair was ruffled from sleep and his olive skin seemed to glow.

"I'm glad to see you're awake little one." His voice was deep and rich, shaking me out of my tranced state.

"W-where am I?" I whimpered patheticly. I was in a simple room with light grey walls and royal blue bedding. Only a bed, a dresser, two end tables, and a TV stand were in the room.

"This is my home for say. Its like a bed and breakfast but people live here instead of just renting a room. This is my suite but you are in the guest room." He answered lightly and stepped back, letting me have my space.

"How'd I get here?" My voice was still quite but a little stronger this time.

"I'm not saying this to scare you, but we are in the woods. The wolves around here get along with the restraints and Alpha brought you to me." He smiled slightly. "Alpha is the black wolf that likes to hang around here."

"Oh..." I looked down at my lap as the memories came back. I had gone almost a year without slipping and the one time I did my father had to come home. "Is that his name? I've been calling him Hades."

"No, we don't name the wolves around here, they just hang around. The Alpha is a leader of the pack. We also call one of the wolves beta, he is the alphas second in charge." As he talked I started to scoot towards the opposite side of the bed, scared of the man by me. Ima dumb ass, why did I have to wake him up. I wanna go home. I whined in my head. "Would it help to see a familiar face?" He asked.

I nodded slightly and he took another step back with a small smile. His green eyes glossed over for a second before he opened the door walking away, leaving me alone in the room. I quickly get up and head to the window looking out. Trees surrounded the house as far as the eye could see and I have no idea where I am. I jumped when the door opened again and the man came back in followed by a red wolf.

"Hermes!" I said happily and sunk to my knees. The large wolf wagged his tail and come straight over licking my face.

"Hermes, as you call him, is always with Hades so I figured you'd know him as well. Wolves travels in packs and will always, and I mean ALWAYS protect thier pack. Both Alpha and Beta see you as part of their pack so even against me he will always protect you." He said with a smile looking down at the red and white wolf. So Hermes is the beta of the pack, that makes sense.

"How can you tell?" I asked and he tilted his head in confusion. I looked at Hermes and pet his head. "That they see me as part of the pack."

"Alpha wouldn't let anyone touch you except me and the vice owner of the house. He also wouldn't bring you to somewhere close to his home and pack unless he saw you as part of the pack itself." He smiled lightly. "Dont worry I will take you home if you prefer to get out of here. I know its uncomfortable waking up in a place you don't know." I simply nodded and stood up keeping my hand on Hermes for reassurance.

The man led me through the large apartment and the house. It was huge! The wolf stuck close to my side happily wagging his tail. A handful of people peaked put of the main area but didnt approach us, just watched in curiosity. I stepped closer to Hermes and let out a sound of distress, the wolf let out a growl making the people turn away.

"Sorry they are just curious. Living all the way out here we don't get a lot of visitors." The owner explained. "Its a long hike towards town, we can take the truck but the wolves don't ride in them. Which would you prefer?"

"Um walk please?" I whispered. The man nodded and continued down a long driveway.

"I need the area or road you live on so we can go the right way." He smiled encouraging which seemed to make my body relax some.

"Baltimore road." I mumbled in reply. He just smiled and turned slightly heading down a deer run through the woods. I followed close behind and studied the side of his face out of the corner of my eye. I swear I've seen him before. But where?

"Have we met before?" I find myself saying.

"Not really. Though you did run into me at a cafe a while back. That sounds creepy, I have a habit of remembering faces." His cheek ever so slightly turned pink as he looked away. Hermes let out a snort beside me as if layghing at the big man. I racked my brain for the memory and it just clicked.

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that." I muttered my own cheeks turning pink.

"I was half tempted to ask for your number then but that would've been creepy. And now I sound even more creepy. Dammit brain work." The last part came out as a mumble but I caught it all. I couldnt help but laugh at the man as we walked and his cheeks reddened even more.

"Yes, kinda creepy. I don't even know your name yet." I realized I kept calling him "Man" or "owner" in my head. "My names Baxter by the way." He looked startled when I said I didn't know his name, but a large smile spread across his face when I gave him mine.

"My names Jamison." He replied. As we walked I began to feel more comfortable around this man, and with the wolf by my side I knew I'd be safe. The longer we talked and the more we laughed, i began to realize I never had to be scared of Jamison.

When we got to my home the sun was high in the sky and my legs ached but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It even got brighter when I saw the driveway was empty. Dads not home right now.  I happily gave Jamisom my number and waved goodbye as the man and the wolf made their way back down the road and into the woods.

Maybe, just maybe this will work out.

(A/N) Just so you know the road, school, shop, etc  names are completely made up. I'm not completely familiar with the area in which this book is written. So the area is made purely by my imagination.

And I'm sorry for the long wait. I hate this chapter it feels so uncomfortable to me but I knew it was time to introduce Baxter to the human side of Jamison. It was hard to write and I didn't know how I wanted their encounter to go. What do you guys think? Let me know please?