Chapter Twenty-Eight

JAMISON

I smiled as I watched my small mate swim through the water. Baxter, Lux, and Tabitha were playing Marco-Polo in the pool and Lux was "it". With his eyes closed he kept running into walls making it quite a funny game to watch. Baxter swam up to where I was sitting on the edge of the pool and hid behind my legs with a soft giggle. Tabitha sat on the stairs into the pool with a smirk across the pool.

"Marco!" Lux said loudly, treading water about 5 feet in front of us.

"Polo!" Both Tabitha and Baxter responded. Lux lunged sideways towards us and Baxter let out a little eep before sinking under the water and dating away. The larger male ran face first into my shins, completely missing the my mate.

"Lux, face it you are never going to catch one of them." I laughed as he huffed, rubbing his nose. He turned and glared at my mate who was giggling now across the pool from us. This has been going on for over 20 minutes and he has yet to get close to tagging one of the other people. He growled softly and pulled himself out of the water to sit next to me pouting. Tabitha laughed at his silly antics and swam over as well to hang on the edge of the pool.

"Jamison, come swim with me!" My mate requested as he swam around.

"Okay little one." I replied and slipped off the edge into the deep water. I waded over to him happily and could help the found smile on my face when he immediately wrapped himself around me.

"Wooo, I was getting tired." He giggled and clung to my chest happily.

"So I'm just your personal floatie, is that it?" I questioned and slowly kicked my feet to keep us above water.

"Pretty much." He smirked nuzzling at my neck.

"I'm okay with that. As long as I get to be your friend." I said in a teasing voice. He gave me a confused look as I leaned back to start moving around the pool. I raised my eyebrows at him as he pondered what I said. I could see when he realized I was talking about yesterday, making his face turned beet red. He huffed and pushed my head underwater and swam away. I almost chocked on water, laughing as I broached the surface. "Come on, it was cute." I quickly followed him across the pool where Tabitha and Lux were relaxing.

"Lux get your cousin. He's being mean to the birthday boy." My mate muttered climbing out to sit next to Tabitha.

"Of course my queen." Lux responded and like the dumbass he is, he stood up and tried to belly flop on top of me. Key word there is tried. The loud slap of skin and water made us all cringe away and a guilty look pass over mates face. Like it didn't even faze him, Lux sprang from the water and tackled me under while giving me a noogie. I pushed the male off me with ease and held him under as I surfaced. He bit my hand causing me to draw back and let him up. He sent me a glare and dove back under the water quickly latching onto a leg and pulled my leg hair.

"Son of a-" I growled out and was pulled under once again. He immediately swam away and climbed out of the pool, his laughter echoing as I surfaced. My mate was holding his belly as he laughed and Tabitha was shaking her head like a mother of rambunctious children. I huffed and pulled myself onto the ledge of the pool. "I'm going to get you back for that." I growled and shook out my hair.

"I think it's time to start lunch so we can eat and have cake don't you?" Tabitha interrupted, ending the conversation. Looking at the clock on the wall, I nodded and stood up.

"You are correct. How does cheese burgers sound little one?" I questioned lightly.

"Yes, that sounds good." He mumbled lightly with a smile on his face. I pet his hair as I walked by and headed out of the pool house. I had a large gas grill on the back porch so I took off the cover and attached the propane tank that I got when I went food shopping prior to coming to the cabin. Time to start the prep work and get to cooking.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

We were gathered around the kitchen island singing happy birthday to Baxter. I got a simple chocolate ice cream cake with blue frosting, it had white lettering that read 'Happy Birthday Little One' and there were blue 1 8 candles burning on top. Baxter stood in the middle leaning into my chest with a broad smile as we sang.

"Make a wish sweet heart." I whispered into his ear as the song came to an end. He shivered lightly and leaned forward and closed his eyes. I could see his lips move, forming the words of his wish before he blew out his candles.

He giggled lightly and leaned back into my chest as smoke plumed out from the wicks. Lux made quick work of cutting the cake and serving us each a piece. Each of took our cake and moved to the kitchen, now that everyone was dry I had no problem sitting on the couch.

"What do you want to do after we are done with eating?" Lux asked and tool a bite. My mate slowly chewed his bite as he thought.

"I don't know yet. I kinda want to shower and get the chlorine off my skin but then movies to relax?" He replied in between bites.

"Sounds good!" Lux said back. We all smiled and continued to eat our cakes.

"Thank you guys, this is the best birthday I've ever had." He said happily staring at his plate.

"We are just happy as long as you are happy little one." I replied pulling him into my side as I kissed the top of his head. "Now finish your cake."

(A/N) Hey guys, sorry for the spaced out updates, I'm still alive lol I just hate adulting. I got moving orders so I'm in the middle of moving AGAIN, but housing is being a pain so I'm in a hotel with 2 dogs right now. If there are more mistakes than usual, it's because I'm writing on my phone instead of my laptop. Thank you guys for your continued support, you guys are amazing and help me through hard times :) I hope I can start getting back into an actual writing schedule soon. But till then here you gooo...