Chapter Twelve

JAMISON

I fought the urge to growl and run away my anger as my mate clung to my back. Even asleep his hands were wond tightly into my fur as he let out small whines of fear. Heading towards the place I call home I had to push my way into my betas blocked mind in order to mindlink.

Daz, have the extra room in the alpha suit prepared for a guest. My mate will being staying at the house at least tonight, and have the pack doctor on stand by. He's not hurt but I don't know how he'll react when he wakes up. I ordered through mind link the anger still evident in my voice.

What happened? He practically shouted through the link worried, his walls falling instantly.

I'll explain later. Now get that room ready. I cut the link and walked slowly. I was so happy to see my baby slip into little space, he was adorable and demanded my attention which I would give it to him anytime. The way he giggled and clung to my wolf made my heart soar and my wolf howl in joy. The way his father reacted meant he obviously knew about Baxters head space and hated it. The way he hurt my mate both physically and mentally pissed me off to no end but I couldn't fully retaliate without my mates permission. I couldnt hurt him like that.

It took half an hour to walk to the pack house and by the time I got there the yard was empty and the sun was low on the horizon, casting shadows though the trees. Daz walked out into the front yard and frowned at my mate as he clung to my back.

"I'll carry him up to the alpha suit so you can go up in wolf form. Doc is in the guest floor so she is ready whenever you need her." He said lightly and stepped forward. He carefully scooped my mate off my back and he let out a sound of protest but didn't wake up. I let out a whine looking at his tear stained face and flushed cheeks. Daz looked sadly at me and walked towards the house. "I know you wanted to keep him a secret but I'm pretty sure most of the pack figured it out by know, I've been asked about it multiple times. He will be safe here, the pack will protect their luna. I did make sure the main area was empty."

Thank you beta. I said gratefully and followed into the house. We made our way up the stairs and to the alpha suit. Once inside I shifted and threw on a pair of basketball shorts, following Daz and my mate to the guest room. Baxter was laid out on the soft bed his baby blue shirt rumbled with light grey sweat pants and my black fur across his clothes.

"So what happened?" My beta asked as I sat on the edge of the bed. I carefully brushed back Baxters hair and sighed.

"When his parents come home and you guys left I couldn't being myself to leave him while he was in little space. I tried to hide him slightly but his dad saw us. He was ferious. He started yelling at my baby saying he was pathetic, he obviously did not like that he was in little space. Then he grabbed Baxter hurting him and making him cry. To top it off he said he hopes I hurt Baxter." I help back a snarl that wanted to come out as I watched my baby sleep. I could hear the deep grumble that came from the back of my betas throat, but it was quite enough to not disturb Baxter.

"I'll kill the bastard." He grumbled out. I stood and walked out of the room waving Daz to follow. "So thats why he's here?" He asked as soon as we were out of the room

"Yes. The way his father reacted I didn't trust him with my mate especially while he was in little space. I just hope he doesn't freak out when he wakes up." I sighed and walked into the main room.

"Do you want me to shift? We can say you take care of me much like Baxter does, so Hades took him here to protect him." He said lightly. I though about it for a second and forced smiled.

"Thank you beta. If I do need that I'll mindlink you, go spend time with your mate until then." I shooed him away with a smile. He happily left waving on his way out and I just waved back. I let out a sigh and made my way into the master bath to shower. I set the water hot and stripped, stepping into the spray. Quickly wetting myself down, I scrubbed my hair and body with old spice as steam filled the bathroom. (A/n my favorite and what I use even being female) I leaned against the wall and let my anger I pushed down bubble up. First the rouge then his father. What is going to happen next time if I'm not around? I snarl ripped through my throat and I gripped my hair tightly to ground myself before negative thoughts invaded my mind. I will protect what is mine. I continued to growl letting my anger come out in waves until my troat felt raw and my body relaxed.

Once I was done I rinsed my body and shut off the water. I roughly rubbed the towel across my skin, absorbing the moisture before going to my closet to get dress. Pulling on a pair of black sweatpants and a dark grey tank top, I made my way back into my mates room and pulled up a chair leaning back to watch him sleep.

You're being creepy. Not that I mind, our mate is beautiful. My wolf chuckled in my head.

Oh hush it. Just let us relax in the presence of our mate. I responsed. My wolf stayed quite and relaxed watching my mate with me. The addictive scent of snowberries and pine filled the room and Baxters soft breath began to pull me into a sleep. With one last look at my mate I closed my eyes and let the darkness take over, pulling me into a peaceful sleep.

(A/n) And yet another update. Right now its just flowing so I just keep on writing.