Chapter Fourteen

JAMISON

Its had four days since I've been able to see my mate and I was growing restless.  I know the pack could feel it, they would walk on eggshells around me. With the Full Moon Gala a little more then one week away my stress was through the roof and wolves from other packs were already starting to show up. I had my delta watch over Baxters house and tell me if something goes wrong, and speaking of the devil.

Alpha, the fathers finally home. Delton linked me. I let out a growl and left my office. My mates father hasn't came home since I took him but now of all times he had to show up. Once in the woods I shifted into my wolf form and sprinted towards the house. Forget work right now my mate is more important. My paws carried me swiftly through the woods until I ended up in the back yard. Shouting could be heard from inside the house and Delton was at the window with his paws on the edge looking through. The sound of a slap hung in the air and the white wolf let out a large snarl. A second later Baxter rushed out of the house cry again but this time with bruises on his arms and a red handprint covering half his face. I let out snarl that mixed with my deltas as his father followed the boy out of the door.

"Baxter get your sorry ass back here or I will make you regret being born!" The large man shouted. Baxter saw me and let out another cry quickly making his way over and hiding behind my large body.

Delton. Do not attack. No matter how much I want that bastard dead, he is still my mates father and he doesn't need to see that. I angerly snarled at the man as I mindlinked my delta. The white wolf stood at full height and snapped his teeth at my mates father in hate.

"If you leave this house, don't you dare come back!" His father yelled causing my mate to cower closer to my back leg. The man eyed me up but didnt step forward obviously remembering when I snapped at him last time. My mate sniffled and clung to my fur, pulling himself onto my back. I let out one last snarl before turning towards the woods. When my mates father stepped foward Delton blocked his path snarling viciously and snapping his teeth making him step back.

Let's go. I snarled through the mind link and we took off into the woods. Baxters whimpered as his tears soaked the fur on my neck made my anger grow and by the way Delton stalked I could tell them same went for him. We quickly made our way back towards the pack house while keeping a slow enough pace to keep Baxter comfortable. Once in the yard the white wolf branched off as I made my way into the house. The people that sat in the common room all froze when I walked through.

"Alpha! Do you need any help?" One if the pack females quickly rushed over and reached to touch Baxter. I let out a snarl in waning curling my body away from the woman. She quickly pulled her hand away and bowed her head. "Sorry alpha."

The pack watched me carefully as I made my way upstairs making me rumble as Baxter hid his face in my fur. Once to the alpha suite door nudged his leg with my nose letting out a small whine. My mate slowly slide off my back and looked at me, his eyes and cheeks bright red and tear tracks dried on his skin. I looked at the door and let out another whine wanting to get my mate out of the sight of prying eye. Baxter smiled lightly and opened the door following me into the suite. I nudged him towards the couch and hopped up onto the leather. Baxter followed and curled into my fur sniffling lightly with a small smile on his face.

"Thank you Hades." He whimpered. I wrapped my neck over his shoulder and and cuddled him close in comfort.

"Alpha!" Daz yelled as he burst into the Alpha suite without a care followed by the Beta female, Ruby. Baxters head snapped up and he curled even closer causing me to growl at the male. "My apologies, I heard Alpha came up to Jamisons suite with someone. I didn't mean to startle you little one."

"Hello." Baxter mumbled in my fur and I relaxed slightly. Daz carefully came closer and kneeled down to be level with my mate.

"Well hello. My name is Daz and this is my wife Ruby, I'm the co-owner here with Jamison." He said lightly and with a small smile. My mates head popped up when he heard my real name.

"Is Jamison here?" He said happily, the only sign of his crying remained on his flush cheeks. Daz eyes me for a second then turned his attention back to my mate.

"Not at the moment, he's in town but shouldn't be long. I can call him if you wish?" He spoke lightly, his eyes holding adoration for his luna.

"Yes please." He smiled as he curled into my fur. I licked his cheek and let out a wolfy purr.

In roughly 15 minutes I will leave him up here, I want you two up here at the time and I'll go to a guest room and shift. I'll come back up a little later. I mindlinked my betas while focusing on my mates happy face. How he can smaile after what happened is beyond me. Daz nodded slowly, not enough to catch Baxters attention and stood up to his full hight.

"Okay. I will be back after I call Jamison. I will let you know what I find out." Daz smiled and ruffled my mates hair as he nodded happily. The betas left the room waving as they leave and Baxter happily waved back.

I cant wait to talk to you little mate. I won't let anyone hurt you again.