Chapter Eight

JAMISON

My paws carried me through the woods all the way to the pack house where kids played in the front yard as mothers attended to the garden. A few of the children waved as I passed in wolf form and slid through the open door. Making my way up to my suite, I shifted in front of the door and made my way into my living space naked.

"Well how was your night?" The unexpected voice made me jump slightly. Daz sat on the couch with a large smirk. "I can smell the little male on you."

"My night was amazing thank you." I couldn't help but smile and smell my skin, his sent clinging to me. "At first I didn't know how to react. He wasn't scared at all and he actually let me into the house. I don't like that he's so trusting but I got to spend the night with my mate."

"So did you get any information while you were there?" Daz said leaning back. "And could you at least put on some god damn pants." I chuckled lightly and made my way to my room, coming back out in a pair of sweat pants.

"I found out his name is Baxter and he's still in school. He is definitely a little, and a snuggler. I had a good time, even though I was in wolf form so I couldn't really get to know him. He even gave me a name, after calling me a dog." The last part made me grimace slightly. I mean a dog. Really?

"Awe what's your new name? Blacky?" His voice filled with sarcasm.

"Oh my god. How did you know?" Daz's face dropped in disbelief making me laugh. "No he calls me Hades. He did make joke saying he was going to call me Lassie or spot though."

"So your mate has a sense of humor. When can I meet him? Please?" He gave me the puppy dog eyes and tilted his head. I slapped him upside the he head but smiled.

"I plan on going back tonight. You can come if you like but you have to behave and keep your wolf under control. We don't need you prancing around trying to impress him." I chuckled. Daz turned red but the smile stayed on his face.

"Yeah. Sorry about that." He said but his voice showed no sign of actually feeling that way. "He's my luna and my wolf pushed to show ourselves as worthy to be Beta. I'll keep that in check tonight."

"I don't blame you and it makes be very happy that you want to be recognized by my mate but he is human and wouldn't understand. If he didn't accept you back just because of confusion you and your wolf would've been devastated. Thats the only reason I stopped you." I explained and ruffled his hair. "Come on we have to go train."

--Time Skip--

Daz and I layed in the bushes watching my mates house carefully. Most of the lights were out other then my mates bedroom and the kitchen. I lift my ears listening for any indication that my his parents might be up.

Remember his parents are now home. Baxter reacted badly when they came home this morning with me there so be careful not to draw them out. I explained through mind link before standing and shaking my fur out. My beta followed behind my left hip as we stepped into the empty back yard. I watched for movement in the house and my tail began to wag seeing my little mate sitting in the window of his room. He smiled down before glancing at the red wolf behind me. He quickly disappeared from the window and we could hear his little feet come down the stairs. When he got to the back door he cautiously opened it before stepping out with a smile. Daz and I stopped halfway into the yard and let him approach. Baxter made his way over to us and his smile widened.

"I see you brought your friend back." He said lightly and rest his hand between my ears. He slowly lifted his other hand and held it out letting Daz sniff him before petting the red wolf. "Well aren't you a two handsome boys." I let out a whine pushing my head into his hand more.

My mate happily began to pet both our heads and we relaxed under his touch. Your mate is nice. Daz practically purred through mindlink as he leaned into the hand that was petting him.

"Are you two hungry?" Baxter asked lightly. My tail began to wag more happily, as did Daz's. My mate smiled a quietly slid back into the house coming back out with two raw steaks on a paper plate. "I picked them up today hoping you would come back." I happily licked my lips and sat on my hunches patiently. He looked between us and looked at the meat. Daz tilted his curiously.

Why does he look like he doesn't know what to do? He sent through the mind link. I looked at my mate again and it dawned on me.

We are two wild animals which would typically fight over food so he doesn't just want to set it down. Also its raw meat so he shouldn't touch it without being able to wash his hands after so he can't really just toss one at each of us. I replied and stood back up. As Alpha I would eat first so Daz didn't move as I stepped closer to my mate. He watched us both closely as I walked up to him and gently took one piece of meat off and backed up.

"Good boy Hades." He smiled and slowly put the plate down in front of my beta. One his hands were out of the way we both quickly swallowed the steaks happily. Baxter just watched us with a smile. "If you are sticking around to I'll have to come up with a name for you red." He directed at the wolf beside me.

Ha. He called you Red. I chuckled through the link and let out a wolfy smile. Daz just happily wagged his tail a let out a quite bark of excitement.

"Sticking with the Greek mythology..... how about how about Hermes? You seem like the mischievous type." He said lightly, getting a happy growl and faster tail wagging in response making my mate giggle happily. "I'm glade to see you approve."

He sat with us for a little over an hour, and when the moon hit the highest point he began to doze off while petting our heads. I let out a little whine and nudged him looking back at the house.

"You're right its about time I head to bed." He let out a sigh and ruffle both our ears. "You two have a good night a d I hope you'll come back."

With that I stood and let my mate go inside, my heart already yearning to have him back. Once I heard the door lock me and Daz headed back into the wood with one last look back at my mate, thinking to myself Soon I'll be able to hold you.

(A/N) Just so you guys know my spelling and typos might become a little more common in the next chapters. I got a new phone and the keyboard is a lot different and smaller so its easier for me to mess up so I'm apologizing now. 

And sorry for such a late update. As explained in one of my comments I have a hard time writing whenever. I have to be in the mood or it doesn't flow and it'll take forever for me to finish one chapter. I published these books just to see what would happen I never expected for them to take off like this. I appreciate all the support  and it makes me so happy to see all the love they get. I can't wait to see what happens when I finish. 😍😍