Chapter Twenty-Six

JAMISON

I held my small mate in my arms as he slept, his paci bobbing lightly as he dreamed. My wolf and I were content all day watching him play in little space and both over the moon when he called me daddy. Now he slept peacefully on my arms and my responsibilities were trying to pull me away.

Alpha I hate to interrupt but the Gala starts in thirty minutes. Lux mindlinked me making me sigh.

I'll be there in ten. I replied staring at my mates face. I carefully stood and laid him on the bed careful not take wake him before giving him a soft kiss on the temple. With that I quickly made my way to the back porch and stripped my clothing, placing it in a neat pile by the door. Stepping off the porch I shifted into my wolf and launched into the woods at a full sprint.

I want to see my mate soon. I want to be able to interact with him. My wolf told me as we ran.

I'm sorry, I'll find a way to slip away and shift so you can see him. I cant promise it'll be this weekend but I will try as soon as I can. I replied as my heart sunk. The wolf side of each shifter has to interact with their mate in order to stay stable. I could let him have control in human form but wolves are clumsy that way, not adapted to being on two feet. Plus with the physical changes such as eye color and tone of voice as well as personality change, wouldn't go unnoticed by someone who doesn't know how our wolves work. I haven't thought to shift and let them interact since Baxter moved into our home. Though it hasn't been long enough to effect my wolf's mental state, it doesn't mean it doesn't effect his feelings. I'm sorry. I apologized again.

I understand, just please let me see my mate some time soon. He said in reply before cutting the link.

As approached the pack house the scent of unfamiliar hung in the air setting me on edge. I darted into the building through an open door and made my way up to my apartment. At my door I shifted and entered my suite, happy once my mates scent surrounded me.

After a quick trip to the bathroom to do the 3 S's (Shit, Shower, and Shave) I dressed in a simple white dress shirt, black dress pants, and a black tie. I slide my feet into a pair of dress shoes and left the apartment in less then fifteen minutes. On the ground floor mated wolves scrambled round carrying platters with an assortment of snacks and trays of drinks going I and out to the back yard where the gala was held. I let out one last breath before stiffening my shoulders and letting my alpha aura out in full. With my chin held high I walked out the back door. Many people stood around chatting and sipping on drinks but silence fell on the field as I walked though, people moving out of the way until I reached the stage placed directly in front of the tree line. The other pack's Alphas lined the stage and gave a nod of respect as I passed by which was returned. I climbed my way up and faced the crowd with a set face.

"Good Evening, and welcome to my pack lands." I announced my voice as hard as stone. "It is a honor to host you all for the next two nights, but you will remember you are on my pack land and you will follow my rules. Your Alpha's should have already read these off to you before arriving but I will cover the biggest ones. First off you will not force a mating, I don't care if they are your true mate. No still means no. I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but I do. Any case of a forced mating will be handled by me directly and you will not enjoy the results. Secondly you will treat everyone with respect, I don't care if they are an omega or a beta, you will respect everyone. Lastly there will be no challenges held here. I do not care if it is for your mate or for a position, the Gala is meant as a safe place to find your true mate not to be a blood bath. If any of the pack rules are broken you will answer to me and then be handed down to your alpha for punishment. Do I make myself clear?" My voice was laced with the Alpha's command making each member tilt their head to bare their neck.

"As you wish Alpha Jamison." The group responded together.

"Very well. I wish everyone a happy and safe time. If you have any problems, report them to me or one of the other Alpha's." I announced before giving a dismissive wave of my hand. Music started playing softly in the background as the wolves broke apart into smaller groups and began to talk to each other.

"As short and straight to the point as usual with you." One of the other Betas said with a chuckle. "How are you doing?"

"Hunter." I grumbled in annoyance as I hopped of the stage and began to walk away.

"Why do you always got to be so cold Jammie boy." He pouted as he tried to grab ,y shoulder.

"Because you piss me off." I swatted his hand away and turned my back to him and this time he was smart enough to not follow. Hunter is mated but in what they consider an "Open Relationship". Don't get me wrong I don't judge but he is the type of male who likes to sleep through the ranks like its going out of style. I think I'm the only "unmated" Alpha he hasn't gotten into bed with him and/or hi mate. He treats it like a game, that what pisses me off.

I snatched a glass of whiskey off one of the trays in passing as I walked out to the edge of the clearing. Finding a comfortable spot, I sat down and watched the crowd closely.

I wonder what make is doing right now. My wolf said randomly making me jump slightly.

He's asleep you weirdo. I sighed and took a drink from the glass.

I wonder what he's dreaming about. He hummed. I miss my mate.

Dude its barely been an hour. I think you need to take a chill pill. I grumbled.

Okay and? If it was up to me he would be here by our side. He stated matter of factly.

You know why he's not. I plan on telling him the truth about us soon but until then its safer for him to stay where he is so there is no chance of him being put in danger. I explain lightly, the longing for our mate filling my chest as well.

I know but.... Suddenly my wolf pushed the memory of Baxter giggling into my head. I wanna hear him say Daddy again.

Trust me, I do to. I replied as I played the memory through my head on repeat. I do to.

Are you going to ask him about it? It seemed to be an accident but I want to know if he meant it. He replied in a excited tone.

I don't know yet. I don't want to make him regret it, or for him to force it because he wants us to be happy but I also want to know if he meant it. I sighed again. Suddenly there was shouting in the middle of the crowd making me tense.

Looks like we have a wolf to take care of. My wolf growled as I stood up. He pushed forward making my eyes glow and my alpha aura to come off stronger.

"Would some one like to explain what's going on here?" I yelled loudly making everyone freeze.

~.~.~.~.~.~

The woods were silent as I ran towards the cabin, my paws felt like lead and my breath came out in heavy pants causing white clouds. It was just passed three am so my body was exhausted and I was ready for bed. Luckily there was only one problem tonight and it was easy to resolve. One of the males found his mate in the arms of another and let out a small growl. The other male happened to be the females brother and took the growl as a threat so I growled back. They got in a shouting match and exchanged a few blows but after everything was explained it ended on a happy note. Both the males are being punished for disrupting the Gala and starting a fight but there was no need for drastic measures.

The cabin came into view making me slow down to a trot nd stop on the back porch. I shook my fur out before shifting into human form and pulling on the joggers I brought with me. I brought my clothes from earlier inside and threw them in the washer before peaking into Baxters room. My mate slept soundly, spread weirdly on the bed making my chuckle. I quickly checked that the cabin was locked tightly and made my way to my room to shower.

I climbed into bed with a content smile and let my exhaustion pull me into a deep sleep.

(A/N) Hey guys, sorry its been a while I've been working on chapters and didn't realize I never published this on until I saw a comment earlier today. SOOO here it is. I had to be a little bit of an asshole with that time skip. Anyways until next chapter!! Let me know what you think?