Chapter Sixteen

JAMISON

I couldnt help but stare at my mate, as we made our way out of the apartment. After showing up yesterday we mainly talked and sat around the apartment, completely forgetting about showing him around the pack house until it was to late. Now he was in a pair of my large shorts and a hooded sweater that pretty much swallowed him whole.

He is so adorable! Can I bite him yet? My wolf asked and I nearly choked on my spit, stumbling slightly.

Oh my lord. You can NOT say things like that. I scolded my wolf as I watched my mate. He looked around the hallway in awe with a big smile.

"Right there is the Ruby and Dax's suite, these are the only two apartments on this floor. No one is allowed up here without one of us giving them permission or an emergency." I told Baxter as we walked towards the stairs. "The next three floors are all apartments  and guest bathrooms so we will skip thoes but there is a lot of steps so tell me if you want a break." My mate blushed and looked away taking the first step down and slipping. I caught my baby quickly pulling him back up.

"Oh my. I can't believe I just did that." He scrambled as his blush deepened even more. I just smiled lightly and picked him up setting him on my opposite hip.

"Do you mind this? Let me know and I will set you down." I asked even though in my head I prayed he'd let me carry him. The small boy just shook his head and wrapped his arms around my neck to hold himself steady. I gripped the rail to make sure I keep on my feet as I made my way down the steps. "Once we get onto the lower floors there will be more people, the first and second are the common areas. Everyone here is nice and I won't put up with disrespect from or to anyone, okay?"

"O-okay." Baxter mumbled and stared ahead of us. I pulled him up my hip further and I stepped down. Once down on the second floor I took a right and started down the hallway pointing out areas such as the game rooms, bathrooms, movie theater, library, and day care. His eyes were wide with amazement as I carried him through the hallways.

"Are you ready for the bottom floor? Thats where the most people will be." I asked bouncing slightly once I felt him tense up. "It'll be okay little one."

"I believe you." He mumbled timidly clutching my shirt in his hands. I nodded lightly and made my way to the bottom floor. As soon as my foot touched the bottom of the steps all eyes were on us with great curiosity. Baxter little out a small noise and turned into my chest hiding himself from everyone. I glared at the pack making them all carry on with their tasks, watching out of the conor of their eyes, all curious about my new guest.

"Hey sweetie its okay, can you come out of your hiding spot?" I said lightly rubbing his back. He whined and shook his head as he tried to burrow farther into my chest. "Okay, but if you dont you can't get any of my mom's cookies. I can smell them and they are almost ready." I bribed and his small head popped up with wide eyes.

"Cookies?" He asked, the hope in his eyes made my heart melt instantly.

"Yes cookies! I can sneak you a couple but no more hidding okay?" I asked gently and he gave me a hesitant nod. I made my way into the common room that was filled with couches and two televisions. Pack lingered around on the couches playing card games or talking only pausing for a second when I came in. "This is the common room, most teens hang around here to do their homework and lounge around. When we have guest this is the main room."

"Its beautiful." My angle mumbled leaning into me scanning the room. I could feel his tense body but he was doing really well on staying calm. I moved back across the main hallway and into the big dinning room.

"This is the dinning room, every Sunday we all eat down here. Every other day people are free to eat in their apartment or out but meals are always served her for people who struggle or don't want to cook that night. Sundays we all bond and sit down together." I explained as I walked around the tables. The smell of fresh baked cookies grew stronger make my mate excited but he was still paying attention to my words. I chuckled lightly and opened the swinging doors into the kitchen. My mother was no where to be seen but a cookie sheet of fresh cookies laid out begging to be stolen.

I help my finger up to my lips in a shhing motion and clung to my mate as I tiptoed into further in. Baxter giggled quietly, hidding his face to muffle his little laugh.  The back door opened slowly so I quickly snagged six cookies and bolted back out of the kitchen making Baxters head fall back laughing. 

"Jamison get back here!" I heard my mother yell making me quicken my pace. Baxter looked so happy laughing as I moved through the dinning room, into the main hall, and down the hallway laughing along with him. I quickly set him down and with my now free hand opened my office. I lightly pulled him into the room closing the door behind us. His laughed died down slowly as he leaned on the wall with flushed cheeks.

"When you said sneak cookies I didn't think you actually meant it!" He giggled out happily. I lead him to a seat across my desk and set three of the cookies down.

"My mother will guard her cookies most of the time. You gotta be quick." I smirked back. "And as promised here you go." I walked around my desk and sat down in my chair bitting into my sweet heaven. Baxter quickly picked one up and nibbled on it like a mouse as he looked around.

"Whats this room?" He asked between nibbles.

"This is my downstairs office. I do most of my work down here." I explained before shoving the rest if my cookie in my mouth. My mate made an O face as he scanned my office continuing to nibble his cookie. "Once we are done I can show you around outside?" I asked lightly before eating my second cookie. Baxters smiled and nodded, suddenly shoving the last of his cookies in his mouth. I couldnt help but chuckle at his chipmunk cheeks as he waited by the door impatiently.

"Finish your food sweetie, we are in no rush." I said lightly as I walked over to him. He chewed slowly as I ate my last cookie.

"All done! Now can we go?" He asked excitedly.

"Yes now we can go." I opened the door and my mate practically vibrated in excitement as we made walked down the hall. "Just stay by me please." I asked, pausing at the back door.

"Okays!" He responded and as soon as the door was open enough for him to get out, he was gone.

(A/n) hey guys sorry for the wait! I'm leaving soon so I'm going to try and get out another chapter before I can't update for a coulpe months.