Chapter Twenty-Three

BAXTER

Its now Wednesday and school has been... nice to say the least, Lux and Tabitha have been eating lunch with me and most of the bullies have backed off. Don't get me wrong they haven't stopped entirely but they haven't been nearly stopped. Now, when they do act out,I have friends who will stand up for me. Even if some of the people from the apartment complex have been stopping the bullies, even when I haven't talked to them yet. I had a happy smile as I walked the hallways, giving small waves to people who happily said hello. I was on my way to my last hour of the day, Biology, when someone approached me from behind. I was suddenly pushed from behind and a couple snickers echoed through the hall. I stumbled quickly trying to keep my feet under me and in the process I ran face first into a wall.

I thought this only happened in movies. You have to be kidding me! Why'd I have to jinx myself! I quickly scrambled to my feet, not wanting to be kicked while down. I turned to face the bully to find a female named Nerezza. She was and always have been one of those "high class" popular girls with a narcissistic attitude but without the looks to pull it off. I swear the only reason she was popular was her daddy's money and he ability to spread her legs. Now don't get me wrong, I don't know her life at home so I cant judge her by the way she acts because I don't know the whole story, but still there's a limit to how much someone can act out.

"Watch where your going bitch boy." She about snarled. "God why do they even let you go to this school, don't they have a policy against animals?" I let put a sigh and crossed my arms, my 'Bitch Boy' attitude coming out.

"Then why are you here? I mean a cow is an animal too." I ground out lowly.

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are!?! Here let me tell you, no one wants you here, you are a sorry excuse for a human being. You are weak and pathetic. If anyone wants you they'll have to be the most desperate person on the planet." She practically yelled taking a step closer with each sentence until she was in my face. I bit my lip and dug my nails into my arms as I held back my tears in response to her words.

No she's wrong. Jamison wants me around, Tabitha and Lux hang out with me everyday by choice, not because they are forced to. I have friends who care now. As I assured myself my anger swelled to new heights.

"No! Let me tell you! If you actually unscrewed your head from your ass you'd see you are not all you pretend to be. If you actually acted like a normal human being instead of a bratty slut you might actually get a boyfriend instead of being another notch on the football teams belt. And if you didn't act like a fucking bully you might gain some friends instead of people only pretending to like you for daddy's money." I said my voice harsh. Her face grew tight in furry as she went to reach for me. I stood straighter waiting for something to happen as she froze. I looked behind me to find Lux, Tabitha, and a couple other people standing behind me giving her death glares.

"Look who finally grew some balls." She scoffed and backed up. "You're friends wont be around to protect you forever, you'll find someway to fuck it up. When you do I'll be there to say I told you so." With that she flipped her hair and strutted away. I let out a long breath and relaxed my shoulders before turning toward my friends. My head was suddenly hugged and my face was pushed into someone chest.

"Oh my gawd!! I'm so proud of you! You stood up for yourself!" Lux pretty much jumped up and down dragging me with him. He pushed me away and held me at arms length and his eyes showing true pride. I felt a smile tug at my lips as it fully processed what I did.

"Thank you for having my back. I-I don't even know where that came from." I said as I wrung my hands. Lux gave another excited hug letting out a little laugh.

"Who cares where it came from. She deserved it and I couldn't be more proud!!" He replied happily. I jumped as the warning bell rang making us break apart.

"Crap! We gotta get to class! Thank you again, I'll see you later!" I called back as rushed towards my classroom.

Yep, Today will be a good day.

--- Time Skip: End of school ---

I still had some pep in my step as I filed out of the school building along with the crowd of students. Once out the doors I quickly broke away from the large group of people, I hated being surrounded, especially by people who has no problem hurting me. Out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of a familiar looking truck making me turn. Jamison leaned on the grill of his vehicle, his eyes already focused on me with a wide smile. I blushed and ducked my head as I made my way over quickly. As soon as I was within reach I was pulled into his chest and his arms wrapped tightly around my smaller frame. He leaned down and rested his head in the crook of my neck with a happy sigh.

"Hi there." He mumbled into my neck trying to pull me closer.

"H-hey." I responded lamely as my blush darkened. I could feel the students staring making me shift uncomfortably. Jamison slowly pulled me closer and rested his chin on my shoulder to glare at the people behind me.

"Ready to head home?" He questioned not loosening his hold as if he was content holding me.

"Yes please." I answered. I expected him to let go but instead he lifted me up and causally walked to the passenger side of the truck. I could feel my blush spread down my neck as the large man set me in my seat. As he shut my door and headed towards the driver side, I looked out the windshield and sure enough over half the student body was standing there watching. Some had happy smiles, a few had neutral looks, some had disgust written on their faces, and others held anger. I slumped in my seat, trying to hide from the stares as Jamison climbed in shutting his door. The roar of the engine seemed to knock everyone out of their trance and they continued what they were doing.

"I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable." He said as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"No, you didn't make me uncomfortable. I just didn't like all the people staring. You didn't do anything wrong." I mumbled playing with my fingers. "I actually liked the attention and greatly enjoyed the hug."

"I'm sorry sweat heart, you just looked so cute I couldn't help it. Next time I will keep in mind the environment we are in." He replied and shot me a smirk. I let out and embarrassed groan and sunk lower in my seat. "See you're so adorable!!"

"Stop!" I whined out, blushing.

"Fine I'll stop... For now." He took a hand off the steering wheel and offered it to me while he was speaking. I quickly sat up right and interlaced my hand with his happily. "How was your day so far?"

"Umm it was actually pretty good. I had a problem with one of the girls at school but luckily it ended quickly." I replied happily. "How about your day?"

"My day was slow, I just had a lot of paperwork to do and I did some renovations on the rooms I needed to get ready. Do you want to know what would make my day ten times better?" He asked.

"What would that be?" I tilted my head in curiosity.

"If you would go on a date with me?" He said in a cautious tone.

"A date? Um.. Why?" I whispered looking at my lap.

"I told you before , the first time I saw you I wanted your number. Now that I know you I like you even more, I know you're not ready for a relationship but I would like to try a small date to get to know each other even more. If it all works out I'd like to maybe work up to that point." He replied in a shy voice. "I made you uncomfortable again didn't I? Just forget I said anything, we can talk about it at a later date." I just stared at him in confused awe.

This man has never tried to push me in a bad way. He treats me like an equal and takes care of me, something no one has ever done for me. I have never felt more self confident then I do around him, he game me a home and provided for me without pressuring me into anything. He's helped me grow and has made me look at life in a new light. He wasn't weirded out bout me being a little and excepted me for who I am. Jamison has been the best thing that has happened to me, I feel complete like Ive found a new home. A true home.

"Yes." I said timidly making him snap his eyes over towards me. "Yes, I will go on a date with you."

The smile the brightened his face made me wonder why I even hesitated.