Chapter Twenty-Nine

Baxter

It was 3 am and I woke up naturally, unable to fall back asleep. Yesterday was fun and tiring as we messed around, ending the night with bored games. Lux and Tabitha left a little before after 9 pm, Jamison leaving with them to get some work done while I got ready for bed. I fell asleep prior to him coming home making me pout.

I let out a yawn as I climbed out of bed and snuck around the cabin, Jamisons bedroom door was open making me peak in. His bed was fully made and the couch was vacant meaning he hadn't made it home yet. His truck was parked outside which made sense because he rode with Lux and Tabitha. I huffed and grabbed a glass of milk before bringing it to my room. I rested it on my nightstand and climbed into bed. I stared out the window towards the sky as I sipped my milk happily. Out of the corner my eye I saw movement which drew my attention to the woods. Slowly a black wolf seemed to detach itself from the shadows of the brush and step out into the moon light. Hades stalked towards the back yard making me smile in excitement.

That smile froze as the wolf began to hunch and its bone seemed to start breaking. In mere seconds a very naked Jamison stood where Hades once was. He stepped a pair of sweatpants that were hidden behind the pool house and started walking towards the cabin. I quickly ducked behind the curtain as he looked around as it felt like my throat was constricting. My breath came out in shallow pants as he made his way inside. As soon as the sound of the back door closing echoed through the cabin I moved to open my window. My hands shook as the fresh breeze from outside came in. As quietly as I could I climbed out and onto the back porch. I looked around verifying the cost was clear before taking off into the woods.

Hades is Jamison! Jamison can turn into a wolf! My inner voice shouted at me as I scrambled though the woods frantically. The moon was the only source of light, the tree tops only letting is shine though in small patches. A loud growl came the direction of the cabin making me run faster.

After what felt like miles I paused to look around now deep in the woods with no idea what direction to go. A brown wolf seemed to come out of no where letting out a threatening growl. It let out deep grumbled as it circled making me whimper and step back tripping over a tree root. Suddenly Hades leapt over me snarling back at the smaller wolf. It growled back it's ears going flat as it froze in place. The wolves seem to be having a conversation with their eyes before the brown wolf slunk back into the shadows. The large black wolf turned towards me and began to walk closer.

"No, please no." I whined as my breathing became more labored. My chest felt heavy and I began to feel light headed as I tried to back away. The wolf whined back and laid on his stomach, army crawling towards me. I flinched back as the panic in my heart amplified. "No Jamison, stay back." I cried out as my vision blurred with tears. The wolf shifted back into his human making me cry harder.

"Baxter calm down." Jamison said soothingly. His voice seemed to slow my heart, angering me.

"Don't use your wolf mojo on me! And don't tell me to calm down! You turn into a fucking wolf! I have every reason to freak the fuck out right now!" I screamed backing away. Jamison let out a deep growl and quickly grabbed me pulling me into his chest.

"You need to calm down or you are going to have a panic attack. I will let you go as soon as your breathing is under control." He ground out as he held me. I fought to get way but he wouldn't let go. I could feel the panic receed and my heart slow. I couldn't help but stop fighting and relax into his chest. After ten minutes my breathing slowed down into shaky small breaths in between hiccups.

"There. You can let go now." I ground out and felt his arms loosen.

"Before you run please let me explain." He whined lightly as he let go and backed away. I nodded my head staring off into the woods. "Let's go back to the cabin so I can put on some pants before I explain please?"