Chapter 13.1

This is the day I was born without my consent.

It's saturday, and my family members are all down stairs waiting for my grand entrance. They're already playing birthday songs and I hear all my cousins, uncle and aunts cheering and laughing. A quick look outside says there are already a lot of people down stairs. I haven't heard about Anne though. She hasn't texted me if she's on her way, but I'm hoping she's going to surprise me.

I chose to wear an off shoulder yellow dress. Mom made me pick out of the four dresses she bought and this one I think looks the best, although I would've preferred jeans and a nice blouse, I'm more comfortable in that. I have the worst posture, I'm gay, thought that might give it away that I couldn't stand up straight, but I'll try.

A background information about what happened yesterday with my brother sleeping over at the Wallace's, I picked him up at school and threw him up his bedroom window. We don't have a choice, my parents are downstairs we can't just walk in like nothing happened that morning, although it would be a good prank to act clueless about it. They'll think they got transported to a parallel universe. But they're too old to buy our shit so Evan has to climb his way up to his room with my help.

I heard a knock on the door while I was fixing my hair, deciding where to part it. I shouted for them to come in. Slowly, the door opened revealing my grandparents. They were whispering loudly at each other. Grandma told Grandpa to keep it down, she hit her playfully at the head with a gift wrapper and I couldn't help but laugh at the old couple. My grandpa and grandma fought their way inside. Each of them pushing each other so one of them will be the first one to make it to me.

"Ellaine! Look how big you've become!" Grandpa cupped my cheeks with his wrinkled hands, even squeezing it. He couldn't see well at a long distance now. So he have to come closer.

"She is a big girl, isn't she Carlo? Our gift would suit her very much." Grandma said.

"Yes, the gift, of course!" Grandpa finally let go of my cheeks and by the time he did it was already red and hurting. "Lenny, where did I put it again?" He whispered though I could hear it clearly.

"It's on your hand, stupid."

That made me laugh again. I turned to my grandpa's arm and there he wears a rainbow hair tie. He got it off of his hand and gave it to grandma.

"Sweetie, would you turn around for me?" She said.

I was confused but I turned to my mirror anyway. There, I saw my reflection and my grandparents behind me smiling. I feel grandma's hand on my brown hair as it started to comb it with her fingers.

"Oh I miss the old days when my hair was still as lively as yours sweetheart." She said. "Hooked a lot of men, even more handsome than your grandpa." She whispered on my ears then I chuckled.

"What are you ladies talking about?" Grandpa interfered but we both just shrug him off. It's a girl talk.

Grandma did my hair into a loose french braid that goes down to the side. She secured it with the hair tie from my grandpa's hand. They both smiled as they admired it well.

"Beautiful, you look like an angel my sweetheart." They put their hands on my shoulder.

"Thank you Grandma and Grandpa. I love it," I said as I touched the hair tie. It even has pearls all around it.

"We heard the lesbians like rainbows!" Grandpa said a little too loud. Only a bunch of people know I'm not hiding it, but other people could view it negatively and I'm glad my grandparents aren't one of those people. They accept and love who I am.

Curiosity (GxG) (TeacherxStudent)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara