Chapter Twenty-Nine

"You should've deleted everything about me by now," Anne spoke. We were staying on our spots for a while. Neither of us tried to make a move, and I know I wasn't going to be the first one. She could be, because she was always the first in everything. I mean, she lost feelings first, didn't she?

I didn't speak, instead, I made an effort to sit still by myself despite my headache and sore body. It was annoying how she was the one who came when she was the least that I expected and see.

"They said I was the last person on your notification tab. They tried searching my socials then... Here I am," she sighed. "Ellie, I don't want to ask what happened to you. Let's just go so I could drop you off to your house-"

"You could've been more kind to me," I said too early.

"Huh?" She asked, clueless.

"Just a day after my birthday... Why? Now I know your game...You get it on with a guy then when you're over the person you come back to me while you go on again to find your next target. You can screw whoever you want without worrying because you knew that in the end, you'll still have me to pick up your pieces when you're broken. But that won't happen anymore." I chuckled. "It took me four years to realize... Jesus fucking Christ help me."

"It's not like that-"

"It was like that Anne... And I ignored all of those even though you lied about your parents and your studies, and the truth is, that was all just an excuse so you'll have more time to hang around some other guy."

I was scared to lose Anne back then because I also didn't have anyone that close. I saw her as my savior because she pulled me out of the dark, but the more I dived into the light, the more it blinded me until I tolerated just about everything she did in our relationship. I felt like a spa to her more than a girlfriend. Only would come to me if she was feeling worn out or if she was needing a break. Only would sweet-text or call me when none of her guys were online because come on, I didn't hold any grudges or asked questions. A perfect 'girlfriend' was what I am, dumb and easy to deceive.

But now, it was safe to say that I was slowly losing that fear. The night I saw it with my own eyes, made me realize  I was the only one that cared, and the morning when it was still dark, made me realize that there were other people capable of making me feel what Anne has made me feel when we first met. The only difference was, hers was constant, and Anne's was deficient, it only shows up in some parts, never complete.

___

"Am I right?" I asked.

She was avoiding my inevitable stare. It stang more because she didn't try to defend herself, she just stayed quiet on her seat as she looked down the floor.

"Well, silence means yes..." I sighed. "Just know that I loved you, Anne. Every part of you, good and bad because all those years even though I was hurting I never left your side."

"E-enough talking let's just go." She refused to look me in my eyes.

"...I can walk myself home."

"Do whatever you want," Anne rolled her eyes.

"Oh, I will, finally." I smiled at her.

She stood up from her seat and took her bag with her. She walked up to the door without looking back, just like that she was gone, like steam that flew away when the heat came.

That was the last time I saw her.

That was the end of her chapter in my life. She was quite an introduction, but sadly she had to drift away before the closing.