Chapter Thirty-Seven

I closed the front door once again. To go to school had always been a pain, but all I had left was 2 weeks to graduate... After that, I would want to move to my grandparent's, help them on their business, and they said one day I could take over it because no one in the family would want to continue, but I was willing to give it a shot. It was for my future so my dead body wouldn't end up inside a sack floating on a river somewhere. Asking money from my parents till I'm old kind of sounds pathetic isn't it?

So yeah... I had two weeks left before I leave. It's kinda sad, isn't it?

The breeze on the street this morning was warm, not like before when it was cold. And with that I realized that things normally come and go, it sucks that before they depart they leave a mark on you and by the time they're gone you had no choice but to miss it. I miss when it was cool and steady and when the days were often charming. The unexplainable feeling of warmth inside me despite the frigid weather. If things happened for a reason, what was all this for...? Change? I was feeling it slowly, but slowly was better than being stuck, right?

I arrived at school with a minute to spare so I rushed to my first class at 209. There wasn't a hassle to pass through the halls as it was almost empty. Most of the people were in class while I was still speeding my ass on the floor. This hall was just so fucking long.

I turned the doorknob open. Fortunately, I saw the teacher was scribbling something on the board so I took that chance to sneak my way to a vacant chair next to... It's kind of embarrassing to say but... I was sitting next to a friend. Yes, I made a friend and his name was...

"Art," I called out to him while he was busy drawing at the back of his notebook. He liked to hide it, but I saw the little anime girl winking on his paper.

"Don't talk I'm perfecting the other eye," He said as his eyebrows arched and his eyes fully focused on it.

I let him do his thing and I reached in my jean's pocket to take out two pieces of paper. It wasn't just a paper though, it was an expensive one. "I got us a free meal at a fine dining restaurant, you dork. Now, do you want it not?"

I got it from my parents, they said they were too busy to use it so they gave it to me. Dinner at the town's best restaurant was not too shabby...

He squinted his eyes as he contemplated. "Are you asking me out on a date? My my~"

"Yeah. So what do you think about sea food?" I asked, then gained a puking impression from him. "Well, I didn't know heterophobes were a thing."

He stopped drawing and kept his notebook in his backpack. The teacher in front turned around greeting us good morning.

"If you help me pick out an outfit that gets all the sugar daddies in that room, then yes maybe I'll go with you."

"Okay deal."

The class started. We pulled out our book and listened all while we chatted about random things. Art's a weird person, he talked just about anything he could without a filter at all. He mostly swear at people using his native language and in his defence, it didn't matter as long as they didn't understand him. I know, he's kind of crazy.

-

I looked at my full body in Art's bedroom mirror. Not too bad. I was wearing a long green sleeveless dress and a pair of black heels. Does it look too showy? It didn't look like I'm trying too hard right? It was simple, just right for dinner.

I let my hair down and curled the tip of it. And let me tell you, I look expensive~

"Hey look here," Art came out with a fit in both of his hands, "I'm not sure if I want to be feminine, or masculine, what do you think?"