Chapter Thirty-Four

2 weeks and three days had passed since I last saw Karlene. It was disturbing how the face I last saw her wearing was the one where she was terrified and not the bright smiling  face I normally see. Every time I got to look across my room, and see her dull window, that face was all that I thought of. Even if it was a misunderstanding I couldn't even bear to think how she feels right now without a proper explanation coming from me.

I told my parents about her. They already contacted the police but two weeks in and not even a single update. And I couldn't just sit my ass down, God no, I don't even know if they were even searching.

So I took advantage of all the chances I got to look for her. When I was supposed to stay at home and serve my suspension, I roamed all around the town checking every store and street and asking people if they've seen a short hair lady about 5 ft 6 inches tall, and an orange car then stated the plate number.

All of the descriptions I've said to people about her were way too far from who she really was. Maybe they were even an insult to her and those people who had the chance to hear her story.

She was more than just a short-haired teacher with an orange Wigo car, and if only I had the time to go around and tell people how she made me feel, then maybe I wouldn't have to walk miles because by now I would've already found her. It was because of her way of pulling people into her that was inevitable to resist. Someone could've remembered her somehow, right? Because I was one of the people she pulled into, and now I couldn't even stop thinking about her.