Chapter 13.2

I watched all my adult cousins have all the fun as they play beer pong. Meanwhile, I was sitting at a table with granpa and mom. There's something really unfair in this, and I'm not having it. Why can't I join them too!?

Neil and Noah were almost to the point of passing out. They hold tightly on the table they were playing on to hold balance as their legs started to go weak. But the battle rage on, with one cup on the Ns. and 1 cup on the other. Their opposing team is my dad and uncle Ray who looks like they're doing no better than the two brothers.

It's 6 in the afternoon. Most of the guests earlier, which are my mom and dad's workmates, and the neighbors, already left. Now, it's just my family members and they're still as lively as ever. But still, no signs of Anne.

"Show me where ya balls at and finish the goddamn game, ya hear me!?" Uncle Ray said, obviously under the influence of alcohol.

"No, you show me yours first." Neil said back.

That's kinda sus.

I excused myself from my seatmates. They both aren't laughing at the mess in the middle, but instead, they're lost in they're own world talking about how life is back at granpa's place. I simply can't watch the chaotic pong match, nor tune in to mature conversations. There's only a limit to what I can handle. Too much, I'll fucking explode.

Inside the house is empty except upstairs where I hear running footsteps, and giggling. Probably my brother and cousin playing.

Sitting on the living room, waiting to be opened are gifts, approximately 10-12 pieces. They were all in pink girly gift wrappers, of course. Some have barbie imprinted on it. I don't have a problem with barbie, and definitely don't want to start a beef with the queen herself, but I think miss girl is a bit outdated now.
Anyway, standing off from the rest, at the middle of it all is a big yellow bag. I love details. I like how a person remembers even the tiniest, most unecessary thing about me. I already know who's it from.

I opened the smaller bags first, and I'm in for a rollercoaster of surprises.

Socks, of course, couldn't forget these. But there's a twist! My ugliest, whackiest stolen photo ever, plastered all over it. Wow, hilarious. So far so good, I am intrigued.

A can, of tomatoes...? Thanks. Whoever gave me this must've meant they like me from my head tomatoes. Get it? Because to-ma-toes. Hehe not funny.

A condom, okay. Don't know how I'll use this, or if I'll ever use this. But I appreciate the concern. 

I grabbed a rectangular box which says the word barbie on it's wrapper, it's wrapped fabulously with a ribbon around it despite that. It's the size of my whole hand. I shaked it curious of what's inside but I don't hear much of anything and it's light weight. I'm afraid to tear it open. What if the gift is the box itself?

I opened some serious gifts too. I scored some electronics. Wireless earphones, a new speaker, a mini projector that fits right on my hand, and a powerbank. I loveee my aunts.

Now the bright yellow bag. They remembered my favorite color, how sweet. I brought it up my lap, and it's heavy. There's a card stapled on the top of it. I opened it up to read the short message in it.

From: Mom and Dad
To: Our Sweetheart Ellaine.

Happy happy 18th birthday! Mom and dad loves you very much. We wish you a good health and more birthdays to come! You are now an adult, but a boyfriend could wait til you finish school, okay? Me and your dad knows we don't spend a lot of time together anymore because of our work, and your school. We don't have that many chance to talk to each other and bond, but, with this gift we hope it would be a way for us to connect~ Click with love sweetheart! Love you.

The letter said.

I'm still puzzled, but interested in knowing what's inside of it. I quickly grabbed scissors from the kitchen so I won't have to claw it open with my fingers the way I did on the other gifts. A black bag appeared, and I pulled it out by it's handle.

It looks familiar. Like those bag I saw from my grandparent's house a long time ago. I examined it. It's fabric is like my school bag, even has that sling handle like it. I opened the zipper on the bag.

It's a camera.