Chapter Twenty-Seven

Ellie Holmes' POV:

______

The day after chapter seventeen (Ellie's previous POV chapter)
_

_____

I was not really fine, I mean, who would be fine after you found out that your lover for 4 years has been cheating on you with a guy you once knew? Right... John Lester, remember him? Honestly, I had it coming. I knew for a long time but I was too pathetic and weak to confront her about it. And now that I've seen it with my own eyes, I've never felt so low in my life than that moment. Their cocky ass faces as they just walked away like nothing ever happened.

I skipped all my classes except for my last one hoping I could take a time off of her. She's all that I could think of sharing and telling all of what had happened. I knew I told her that we were wrong and weird, but I just don't get it. Why would 'we' be so wrong? Now, I was yearning to talk to her even more.

I couldn't find her at her house, her car was gone. I ended up trying my best to get up despite my painful headache. I calmed down enough to go to school. Cried enough tears for my bathroom to run out of tissues. And I'm fine! Never have been this great... Never... Tsk...

I winced in pain as I soaked my puffy eyes with cold water on a restroom at school. On the internet, it said that it reduces the swelling from crying and repeated rubbing. I've been here for thirty minutes washing it off, but nothing was happening. The redness and the tightness on my eye area was still noticable, even if I scrubbed it several times.

I sighed, how 'bout I just walk out there no fucks for who ever I come across with?

When I lifted my head, I saw the reflection of my whole face and my upper body on the restroom's mirror, I took it all in, both looked worn-out, emotions were drained away leaving a heap of shame and self-pity.

Why did I let myself become like this? I thought and asked myself as roamed my dreary eyes all over the image in front of me. It was such a shame and so disappointing to think that I'd be in this place again, a hole head-deep surrounded by coldness where everything seemed endless and unreachable. I didn't know how to get out of it, I need help...

I threw my soaked handkerchief on the sink leaving it there alone to dry so if ever I came again next time I'd be more prepared, but was it really necessary? What could possibly hurt me more than this?

I dragged my dramatic ass into the halls where everyone could be seen going in to their next class. My class was biology, my first and last for today. I can feel eyes glaring heavily on my back as I sluggishly walked. It was like my body is submerged into a quicksand. Nevertheless, I continued to move forward. Reason? I have no where to go to as always. Anne was gone, but Karlene was still here. She wouldn't leave me too, would she? She even said it herself...

I reached the open door of her classroom, but instead of catching the short haired lady who liked to bake a lot, I saw a substitute teacher with bangs sitting on her desk. He was chewing a gum and held a book on his hand as he eyed me from my head down to my toes. I know what he was thinking, because I haven't changed a thing since yesterday. My hair was a mess, my eyes were damned, my clothes were wrinkled, I made an effort to come to school with a nasty fucking headache and then this!? Who the fuck is this?

"Wrong class," I said. I rolled my eyes and tightened my grip on my backpack.

"Uh-hm," he said back still in awe about me, unable to move his gaze away. I mean, I couldn't blame him, I looked like I dived into a dump truck.

"Nu-uh, I meant you." I pointed at him. "Wrong class?" I repeated again hoping this time it'll reach him.

He blinked his eyes in surprise, "Excuse me-"

"Where is she?" I said impatiently a little too loud. Now others were murmuring in their seats, but I couldn't care less. Have I said before that I don't like it when I'm waiting?

"Who?"

"Ms. Miller, where is she?"

"Well the slut is certainly not in this room as you can see..."

I looked around the room hearing everyone chuckle at the messed up joke, and I don't quite get it. Oh right... it's because I'm not so cold hearted. Who even gangs up on a single person? I stayed deadpan, standing still on the doorway.

"I know where she could've gone kitten~" A jock raises his hand stealing my attention. "She's on her way to her next household!"

"Yeah, cuz you know, the slut's family is dead. She has to leech off of others, pathetic!"

They're laughing again. Once a peaceful looking classroom, turned into a hell room in a blink of an eye. I'm guessing now you know why I just couldn't leave Karlene Miller alone. Because in here, not a person is on her side. Though I've only known her for less than a month, I can say that she doesn't deserve all of this. She's so kind, why is she getting so much hate?

"Dude seriously, I would fuck her for a dollar, she's such a cheap bitch... And I bet she'll even thank me for it.

...

I slid my backpack off letting it drop on the floor. Don't blame me for what I'm about to commit, he's asking for it... He's begging for it. I walked slowly towards the last dude who spoke. He was playing 'cool' and didn't see me coming up in front of him because he was busy making 'jokes' with his friends.

I bent my body lower. I caressed his cheek to turn him my way making sure he knows who he was looking at. My hands were as big as his thick face. He looks excited getting touched by a girl, but I was more than thrilled.

I slapped him across his face fast and hard, I felt my palm numbing after that. The dude howled in pain as he tried to cover the half of his face now red. But I didn't settle for just that oh no no... as soon as the crowd started screaming, the show was just getting started baby~

I grabbed him by his polo's collar dragging him closer to me to deliver another blow on his left face.

You couldn't just leave it asymmetrical right? That's just messy.

When I said to Karlene I wouldn't mind letting them know who they're looking at, I wasn't kidding. There's a limit to what I could put up. And this... This reminds me of when I was back in junior high and it makes my blood boil. I was reliving the dream of beating the shit out of those nasty dudes, but instead of defending myself, I was defending a person, a friend, someone I didn't have back then. She was really special to me, and I only realized it right now as I found myself getting into this much trouble for her.

The dude held up two hands on his face protecting it. On the side of my sight, I caught his friends standing up. I gulped. His taller friend got a hold of my arm while I was scratching the dude's shirt.

His friend was buffed. He started cracking the bones on his fingers while I brace myself for what's coming next. I had two other dudes holding my arms back so I couldn't move. Everyone else was a bystander except for the teacher as he was not on his desk.

He aimed his fist at my head. I had a moment to say my last words. "Punch me if you agree that your mom's a hoe-"

Then the cheering faded, and everything turned black.