Chapter Twenty-Six

You sat on the sofa next to Louis, fiddling with your engagement ring, "Do you think it's real?". Louis shook his head, "I don't know. None of us have really liked her hanging out with Haz". Niall shuffled in his seat, "What a way to find things out. And he's never mentioned her to you?". You shook your head no, "I don't know whether to believe the taboilds or not, but the picture-". You stopped and inhaled, "I don't know". Louis patted your leg, "Everything will be okay". You watched as Liam and Niall devoured the candy in the jar that sat on the coffee table. Liam pushed Niall, "Slow down mate. I'm sure Cheyenne need the candy right now more than you". You cleared your throat, "...You can order something if you guys are going to be staying for a while". Before the boys could answer there was a knock at the door and Zayn slowly walked in, "Can I join?". You looked up from your hand, cocking an eyebrow and moitioning him to sit. Liam bit his lip, sighing, "I think I'm going to hit the hay, been a long day..". Niall pointed his finger in the air, "Diddo, goodnight Cheyenne..lads...". After Liam and Niall exited your flat, you returned your concentration back to your ring.

A tear bean to slide down your cheek, Louis quickly noticing, wiping it away, "Oh Cheyenne. Please don't cry. I don't know what's gotten into Harry lately, ever since Caroline-". Zayn cleared his throat, "That's enough mate". You looked up and at Zayn, "Why are you here?". Zayn fiddled with his fingers, not looking at you, "I saw the news...About Harry and Candy....and I saw the lads walk into your flat once we got back...I don't know. I can leave, if you want me to". Zayn began to get up when you shook your head, "No, no no...You can stay". Zayn sat back down. Louis turned back to you, "Do you want me to stay here for the night? Are you going to be alright love?". You shook your head, "I'll be fine. You don't have to stay". Louis shot you a half smile, getting up and off the sofa, "Alright, I'm going to go to bed. You are more than welcome to hangout with Me, Eleanor and Nialler tomorrow". You shot him a quick smile, "Thanks Lou, night". Zayn got up and began to follow Lou out, you quickly looked up, "Wait, Zayn..can you stay a little bit longer? I'd like to talk to you". He nodded his head and returned to the lounge, sitting next to you on the sofa, "What did you want to talk about?". You shrugged, "Everything..". A faint chuckle escaped from Zayn, "Well that's a broad topic to talk about. Where would you like to start?". You looked into his eyes, "Can we start with US".

Harry's P.O.V

I've been sitting on the plane to LA for about five hours now. I turned to look at Candy who was still blabbering on about her tour with Ed Sheeran. "Isn't that so cool Harry?" , Candy asked before pushing me to get my attention. I lifted my head in confusion, "What? .. oh ummm.. yeah so cool". She giggled, "He is such a musical genius. I just can't. The way he-", is all I heard before continueing on with my daydream.

Once I finally realized the lights in the cabin were dimmed, I check my phone; 11pm London time. I took in a deep breath and decided to go on Twitter. There seemed to be an unusual amount of mentions for me to look at today. So I opened the mentions tab: Harry Styles is a cheater; What Happened with Harry Styles and Cheyenne?; Harry Styles and Candy Taylor are Together?. "Oh shit..", is all that faintly escaped my mouth. I searched through every gossip website possible only to find the story plastered on every single one of them. I looked down to see Candy laying on my shoulder, asleep. I knew this wasn't going to end up good.

~~~Flight Lands~~~

The airport was quiet at this time of day, luckily, but wasn't really sure what time of day it was, my phone reading 9am London time. I took in a deep breath and letting it out. Candy walked up and grabbed my arm, "What's wrong babe?". I flashed a fake smile towards her, "Nothing love".

~~~At The Hotel~~~

I grabbed my suitcases out of the van, closing the trunk afterwards. Candy stood to the side, smiling, waiting for me, "Ready?". I looked up at her as I took the place by her side, "Ready as I'll ever be". She smiled at me before continueing her ranting, "I just love LA. Such a beautiful city-".

~~~In The Room~~~

I started to unpack my things and place them into the hotel drawers. I looked back to see Candy laying in the bed behind me, playing on her phone. I turned back around, concentrating on my things. She giggled a bit, "You were checking me out, weren't you Styles?". I shook my head, still not turning around to her. Suddenly I felt her hands around my waist as she layed her head on my shoulder, "You want to know something?". I turned my face to meet her attention, "What's that?". She smirked before kissing my cheek, "I think we're going to work out". She released her hold of me after I didn't make a move. I bit my lip, "I have to go make a call". She nodded her head as I stepped out onto the balcony, closing the door tighly behind me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and brought up Cheyenne's number. It rang for quite some time before she picked up, "Hello?". I breathed in, "Cheyenne....Baby... I miss you".

Your P.O.V

You could see the nervousness in Zayn's eyes, "I don't like how things are turning out between us". Zayn nodded, "I realize that. I'm sorry for how I've been acting. I just really miss being with you". You breathed in heavily, looking back down at your ring, "Sometimes I think the same thing". You shot your eyes up at Zayn when you felt him grab your hand, "Cheyenne... Do you really?". You frowned, "I don't know what I want, honestly. But I feel as sometimes, what I do want, it's not Harry". Zayn cracked a small smile, not breaking his gaze, "Then how about tonight-", he slid off your engagement ring, setting it on the coffee table, "-we go back, just one more time". You looked down at your empty hand, a smile forming on your face, "Our little secret?". Zayn nodded, smiling wide. He leaned into you, gently pressing his lips to yours.

~~~In The Morning~~~

You awoke to the sound of your phone ringing. You rubbed your eyes, scanning the room for a clock; 6:32am. You groaned, quickly noticing Zayn lying on the sofa underneath you and the blanket covering your bodies. You wiggled yourself from Zayn's grip, trying not to wake him, and grabbing your cell phone that was placed on the coffee table and pulling your sweatpants and tanktop over your bare body. You noticed Harry's name flashing on your phone, so you ran to your bedroom, shutting the door behind you. You took a deep breath, "Hello?". There was a pause, "Cheyenne...Baby...I miss you". You bit your lip, "Yeah babe, miss you too. How was your flight?". "Uhmm.. Tiring. Didn't get much sleep, but I wanted to hear your voice before I went to sleep". You smoothed out the wrinkles in your tanktop, "Oh, I'm sorry. I should let you go and get some sleep then". "Alright, I guess we'll talk later then, love you". You rolled your eyes, "Bye Harry..".

Harry's P.O.V

The line ended. I turned around and noticed Candy leaning in the doorway, "Who was that?". I shrugged, "Oh no one. Just my mum". She nodded, walking over to me and wrapping her arms around me. Suddenly, she pressed her lips against mine. A sudden amount of flashes began to go off, Cameras. I turned Candy around, pushing her in throught the door, "Come on. Let's go inside".

Your P.O.V

You placed your cell phone on your dresser after you ended the call. You sifted through your drawers for some shorts and undergarmets, quickly pulling them on. You walked back out to the lounge where Zayn was still asleep on the sofa. You gently tried to place yourself back in his arms without waking him. Suddenly he wrapped his arms tightly around you, pulling you into him, "The fiancé?". Your eyes got wide, "What are you talking about?". Zayn let out a faint chuckle, "The person who called you. Was it the fiancé?". You sighed, "Unfortunately", snuggling into Zayn's chest.