Chapter Two

You sat in your car for what seemed like hours to you. Harry was gone and he left you with a hole in your heart. If he loved you like he said he did, he would have walked right back through those gates and into your arms, but he didn't. He told you it'd wouldn't work because he was going to be gone.

Thoughts raced through your head as you sat in your car with your head on the steering wheel. You had nothing better to do as you didn't want to go back home and face your parents and what may be more harsh words about how they were right all along.

You started the car and pulled out of the spot you had been parked in. As you drove back through your town of Cheshire, nothing felt right; like a gloom overcasted the entire town. It didn't feel like home anymore. You sighed to yourself as it started to rain.

You pulled up to your driveway. Pulling the keys out of the ignition, you glanced over at Harry's house, remembering all the memories, all the laughs and tears that were shared. You didn't want to think about Harry being gone, but it's all that raced through your head. You sat in your car, not wanting to go inside your house, so you laid your head onto the steering wheel and took a nap.

You were startled when you hear a knocking at your car window. You gasped a little and looked up to find Gemma, Harry's sister, looking at you, mouthing the words 'Open up'. You rolled down the window, while you searched for your phone, grabbing it to check the time. You looked back up at Gemma when she started talking, "What are you doing out here Cheyenne? Why would you sleep in your car in the rain?". You looked out the front window to see it had cleared up , but still a few dark cloud hovering in the sky, "I was just thinking....and I guess....I fell asleep". "Harry called me", Gemma admitted turning her eyes to the road infront of your houses. You looked up at her and she turned back to you, "He wanted me to tell you he landed safely. I have no clue why he wouldn't tell you himself...". You shook your head and your eyes started to water up, "I don't know why either, I really don't". Gemma looked into your eyes an saw the hurt that rushed over you, "What happened at the airport?". "I told him I love him, but he told me it wasn't going to work with him gone. I don't know how I'm going to keep living like I am without him here-", Gemma interrupted your rant, "Cheyenne, what do you mean, living here without him? I know you two were best friends but-". "Gemma, my parents aren't what you think. They harass me, all the time. They make me feel worthless. Harry was the only one who knew, that's why I'd come over crying all the time. The exact same reason I sat here sleeping inside my car instead of going inside", you began to shake your head and sob as you let your head down onto the steering wheel once more. "Oh my god, Cheyenne, I'm sorry. You don't have to be there you know?". You looked back up with tears in your eyes, "Where else am I going to go? I have to stay-". "With Harry gone now, you are more than welcome to stay in his room, mother won't oblige she never liked your parents anyway. I know it'll be hard staying in his room, but I don't want you to have to deal with that anymore. Please move in". "I-I guess so, I'll go get my stuff now..", you said opening the car door as Gemma back up smiling. You closed the door and shuffled for the house key. You walked up to the door, Gemma still sitting on the hood of your car waiting for you to return with some of your things.

You opened the front door letting it slam into the wall without a care. "Oh look, Cinderella returned. What happened little princess? Did prince charming dump your ass?", you stopped and looked into your mother's direction, who now had your father by her side. "Hah", you said in a sarcastic tone, "fuck you guys, looks like your 'princess' is going to be gone for good. You happy?!". They looked at you in disbeleif. You father was soon to get up and walk towards you, "And as to where do you think you'll go? You have nobody, nobody would want you anyway, we don't even want you". "I'm glad you don't want me, cause I'm gone, no need to feel disappointed by me anymore, you two are ridiculous, treating your own flesh and blood like you do. Fuck you", you yelled backing away from your father who was now screaming and fighting with your mother. You ran up stairs and started packing the things you needed most; cloths, make-up, your laptop, and the teddy bear Harry had given you for your birthday. You gathered your things in your arms and headed back downstairs towards the open front door. You stop short to your parents who were now staring at you, "I'll get the rest of my things another time. Think of the embarassment you now have knowing your only child left, tell that to your friends now". You laughed and kicked open the screen door open, and you walked down to where Gemma was sitting on your car.