Chapter One

You put on a fake smile and congradulated your best friend. "Congradulations Harry! You'll go far!", you told him. You knew you should have been happy that he was going to be attempting to make his wildest dreams come true, but you just couldn't wrap your mind around the fact that he was leaving you behind.

Harry and yourself had been best friends for the longest time, and lately you've been slowly falling more in love with everything he did. His smile, the way he talked, his beautiful green eyes that had always seemed to glitter when you looked him in the eyes; and now he was leaving for X-Factor auditions. Your heart felt as if someone had sucked it dry. Harry was the only one who knew everything about you; all your fears, all your weaknesses. He was the only person who knew about how your mother and father mentally abused you. Harry would spend endless hours either on the phone or with you in his room comforting you the nights where you just couldnt handle it anymore. Not having Harry around was going to be the hardest thing you'd have to live with.

"I have a feeling that maybe someone will actually recognize me now if I do this. Just imagine everything that I can do if I get signed Cheyenne, it'll be amazing!", he said holding your shoulders with the biggest smile you've ever seen on his face. You felt so horrible for not wanting him to leave. "I'm glad for you Harry, I really am", you managed to slip out of your mouth with a half smile. He glanced at you, now with a sadened face, "What's wrong Cheyenne? ". You looked over to Harry, unable to come up with an excuse to not make him feel bad. "Cheyenne, tell me what is bothering you", he persisted. "It's n-nothing Harry, really", you stuttered turning your head away from Harry's gaze. He grabbed your chin and returned your gaze back into his, "We both know that's a lie, love. If you don't want me to leave for the X-Factor audition, I won't go. Your opinion means everything to me Cheyenne, you mean everything to me, and --". You cut him off with tears in your eyes, "Harry, noo. I won't let you stay here when your chance of being everything you ever wanted is just a small step away. You deserve this Harry. Don't let me hold you back. Yes, I need you Harry, but I'm not going to let you throw your dreams out the window. Go Harry, go audition, you deserve this."

Harry then grabbed your wrists and took your hand and threw them over his shoulders, embracing you in a hug. You couldn't get enough of it, sulking in every second you could of Harry's hug, as for you knew it would be one of your last you would ever get because he was leaving tomorrow morning.

He smiled at you, letting go of the hug, "I've got to start packing, I leave tomorrow morning. I call you so you can drive me there, love, and say goodbye for what might be for a long time." "See you tomorrow Harry", you said with a half-smile as you close the door behind you. You sighed and headed for your room.

When in your room you jumped onto your bed and logged onto your laptop. You began sifling through all the pictures of you and Harry, and began to tear up. You quickly turned your body to grab the teddy bear Harry had got you for your birthday a month ago. Begining to feel even more emotional you cried into the bear. Luckily your parents weren't home yet from their date to throw their harsh words at you like they always had done involving you and Harry being friends.

Your phone began to buzz as you recieved a new text message. You got up from sobbing into the bear to begin suffling through your blankets to find your phone. Once you found your phone you sat back up and opened the message. It was from Harry. You smiled wide and read the text to yourself. It read 'Goodnight beautiful, call you in the morning. Sleep tight love xoxo'. Harry was always the charmer.  You couldn't help but blush and smile to yourself. You replied 'Can't wait to hear that morning voice of yours,haha. Night Harry, don't let the bed bugs bite(: '.

As you set your phone on the side table and plugged in to the charger you heard car doors close, knowing it was your parents. You had glanced out the window for a second to see Harry waving good night to you with a smile on his face, and he then shut his wondow and turned his lights off. It was a ritual you and Harry have had for months now, and another reason you kept falling for him; his adorableness. You then shut down your laptop, turned off your lights, and crawled into bed knowing if you seemed like you were alseep, your parents would leave you alone.