Chapter Twenty-Eight

The soft patter of your bare feet on your hardwood floors was all that could be heard in your flat. You walked into the kitchen, taking a glance at the clock; 6 am. Taking in a deep breath, you sat down on a barstool, your head dropping to the table.

You knew you loved Harry, infact he was like a brother to you. No matter what he did, there was something about him that would never make you hate him. You practically spent your entire life with him, how could you not slowly fall for him? Ever since you had stayed with the boys, you noticed something.....different about him. He wasn't the same old Harry you fell deeply in love with. He wasn't the same Harry that held you in his arms when your parents became abusive. He wasn't the same Harry at all. You were forcing yourself to think you loved him and nothing changed, but it did.

You didn't know what to do. You still had strong feelings for Harry, yes.

You lifted your head from the table, pushing your barstool away from it and getting up. You quietly walked into lounge, taking a seat on the sofa. You picked up your engagement ring from off the coffee table, taking in every possible detail of it. Every thought of that night flooded your mind. Did Harry really want to do this? Get married? You couldn't help but think of it all. You remembered the conversation you had with Harry a while ago. He told you how Zayn was going to propose to you that night of the fight. You scrunched your face up in thought, "Did he plan this?", you whispered to yourself. Why did Harry take you on that trip to the castle? Why did he propose to you infront of everyone like he did? It all seem fishy.

You set the ring back on the coffee table, getting up slowly. You let out a sigh, running your fingers through your hair. You didn't even pass the door in the lounge when you heard a click. Your head shot to the door in confusion as the door opened. You leaned your body to get a better look. Harry stood infront of you, head hanging low, eyes puffy with tiredness. Your eyes grew wide as you fixed your skimpy outfit, breathing out a faint, "...Harry?".

Zayn's P.O.V

I woke up to quiet talking. I pushed myself up from the bed, noticing Cheyenne not beside me anymore. My breathing hitched as I listened to the faint voices, still not being able to make out who it was. I got out of the bed, walking towards the door. It was slightly ajar. Leaning against the crack, I tried listenening to the voice once more. I could make out Cheyenne's voice, but there was also a guy with her. I walked back over to the bedside table, grabbing my cell phone. I sat down on the bed, quickly texting Liam's number.

"Mate, come to Cheyenne's flat now. Bring three coffee's, I'll pay you back. I think Harry's back. If he asks why you're here tell him that you and I stayed in the guest room to keep Cheyenne company for the night. Don't ask, just do it".

I waited eagerly for a reply, only to recieve one a few seconds later.

"I want an explanation later. On my way, be there in five".

I grabbed my pants, quickly pulling them on. Grabbing my shirt and shoes, I crept out of Cheyenne's bedroom quietly, going into the guest room. I shuffled the blankets up a bit and threw my stuff on the floor. I lerked back out into the hallways trying to catch a glimpse of what they were talking about. I snuck behind a small wall that separated the kitchen and the hall.

"What are you doing back?", Cheyenne breathed out.

I could see them in the lounge from where I was standing.

Harry set his bags down next to the sofa, "I texted you saying I was coming back and that we needed to talk".

Cheyenne looked around the room, meeting my gaze. Her eyes got wide before she quickly turned back to Harry, who didn't seem to notice.