Chapter Twenty-Two

You sat in the poorly lit coffee shop, fiddling with the tea cup in your grip. You looked out the window, watching as rain started to fall. Your hands trembled, the silence making you nervous. "What are we doing Cheyenne". You looked at Zayn, who sat across the table from you, not responding. The buzzing of your phone, which sat on the table infront of you, catching your attention. You glanced down at the incoming message with Harry's name blinking in large letters. You reached your arm out to grab your phone when Zayn's hand pushed your phone out of reaching distance, "Cheyenne please talk to me". You looked up at Zayn, his brown eyes piercing through you like a knife, "..What is there to talk about Zayn?". Zayn kept his eyes glued to you, "About us". You shook your head disapprovingly, "You made it clear that there was no us anymore". Zayn's face dropped, "I didn't mean it". The silence krept up once more. You reached for your phone that Zayn had pushed away, checking the text from Harry. Zayn's eyes watched your expressions intently, "Are you two.....together?". You set your phone on your lap, nodding. Zayn inhaled a deep breath, "Will I ever get a second chance?". You lowered your head, "I'm with Harry". You could see Zayn nod out of the corner of your eye.

Zayn's P.O.V

I already knew Cheyenne and Harry were a thing. What else was I to suspect? I couldn't wrap the thought of it around my mind. I knew apologizing wasn't going to bring her back into my arms, but I let it slip out of my mouth anyway, "Please Cheyenne, I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean for things to be like they are. Is there any way I can make it up to you? Please, I'll do anything". I watched her expression as she looked up from the cup of tea she gripped inbetween her hands, "I'm not just going to leave Harry, Zayn". My expression turned sour as I bowed my head in anguish, "Is he really what you want Cheyenne?". She raised an eyebrow at me, "Excuse you? Who do you think you-". I subconciously banged my fist onto the table, cutting off her sentence and jolting her, "You really want to be with Harry? The guy who acts like an asshole, calls you names, and nearly rapes you when he's drunk and horny? I know you've been friends with him longer than us boys, but he's not the same Harry he was the day he left for XFactor. He's hurt your feelings countless times and I've watched every single one of them Cheyenne". Cheyenne turned her head towards the window, scoffing at me, "You don't know anything. You don't know what goes through my mind". I leaned forward, catching her attention, "I don't know anything, huh? Is that what you think? You think I wouldn't know what makes you happy or wouldn't do anything to make you happy?". Her eyes lit with anger, "OBVIOUSLY YOU DIDN'T! I asked you countless times to tell the boys and prove to me you were serious about us! BUT YOU DIDN'T!". I smacked my hand down on the table once more and began to frantically shuffle throught the items in my pocket.

I pulled out the little black velvet box that held the engagement ring that I had for her, slamming it on the table infront of her, "Now tell me that I wasn't being serious?!?!".

Your P.O.V

Your eyes grew wide as Zayn slammed the small box onto the table, peering back and forth from Zayn and the box sitting infront of you. You started to dial a number into your phone as you stood up from your seat, "I think I have to go". Zayn watched you as you walked away from the table, phone pushed to your ear, tears running down your face. You stopped at the door of the coffee shop to look back at Zayn once more, as Harry picked up the call, in faint choppy sobs you spoke, "Harry please come pick me up", and walked out the door into the pouring rain.

Your tears seemed invisible as you stood in the pouring rain waiting for Harry. You saw the glare of headlights approaching you and coming to a quick stop infront of you. Harry got out of the car, running to you through the rain and wrapping his arms around you, "Why are you crying? What the fuck did Zayn do? I'm going to kill that bastard". Harry released his arms and began to head for the coffee shop. You latched onto his arm, pulling him back, begging him, "Pleasee Harry, just take me home!". Harry nodded his head, now as drenched with rain as you were. He opened the car door, letting you get in before returning to the drivers side and getting in himself. You sat in the car, in nothing but complete silence. Rain was the only things you could hear. Harry glanced at you, "Why were you with him tonight?". You shrugged, "He wanted to talk, I didn't think he'd be asking me to get back together and throw a ring in my face". Harry took a deep breath, "He showed you the ring?". You watched Harry's expression, "You knew about the ring?". Harry nodded. You looked down at the promise ring on your finger that Harry gave you, "Why did you give me this ring?". Harry looked at you, "I gave it to you because I love you, and I see a future together. Why are you asking that?". You shrugged, "Just wondering". Harry's expression dropped, "Do you not like it? Do you not want it? Is it too soon?". You shook your head, "No it's perfect". You leaned over the center console and kissed his cheek.