Chapter Twenty-Seven

Niall nudged your arm, waking you from your dae, "Come on Cheyenne, loosen up a bit. Say something". His eyes met yours as you flashed Niall a quick smile, "Sorry..", letting out a faint chuckle.

You sat next to Niall in a small coffee shop in main London. Louis and Eleanor sat across from you. This was the first official time you had hung out with Eleanor without having to be at a social event. It was nice, and a relief. The shop was quiet, obviously not a first choice for most people. You held up your menu, quickly setting it back down on the table sighing. Eleanor looked at you, adverting her attention away from Louis, "Are you alright dear?". You peered around to see Louis and Niall's focuses now on you. You rolled your eyes, a smile faint on your face, "Yes..why is everybody so worried?". Niall shifted in his seat, placing his hand on your leg. You glanced down, unsure of what to say in response. Niall cleared his throat, gaining your attention, "I don't want to seem overprotective, but...". His eyes glanced over at Louis and Eleanor, "...You just seem too happy". You scrunched your face in thought, "What do you mean by too happy?". Niall removed his hand from your thigh, "What I meant was-". Louis cut him off, "What he's trying to say, but failing at is that you seem to be taking the Harry leaving the country with another girl thing too lightly". You let out a sigh, fiddling with the straw in the glass of water infront of you.

There was a long awkward pause, just everybody staring at the walls and customers exiting and entering the shop. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Eleanor whisper something to Louis before setting her menu down. Eleanor bite her lip curiously, "Cheyenne...what's you opinion of it all?". Still fiddling with the straw, you lifted your eyes to meet their curious expressions, "I think...". You paused, watching the people walk by the shop window, but then turning back to your friends, "...that if he wants to play this game, then fine". Louis shot Niall a confused glared, recieving a shrug from Niall. Louis leaned forward, intrigued, "So you're just going to let him get away with cheating?". You bit your lip, shaking your head, "No..but love is a game of win or lose. There's no inbetween. You either win the person or lose them. Well.... if Harry wants love from someone else other than his fiance, well that's just fine because I don't need him to love me anymore when I have somebody else aswell". Niall scratched his head, "Are you telling us you're cheating on Harry like he is on you?". You rolled your eyes, leaning farther back into your seat, "If he think he can fool me, well two can play that game". Eleanor looked to the boys, then to you, "Well... who are you with?".

Harry's P.O.V

My eyes flickered open to the bright sun showing throug the windows and the sound of paps shouting a few stories down on the streets for me and Candy. The last thing I need was for them to catch me with Candy any more, and hoping the kiss on the balcony wasn't released in to the press.

I stretched my arms before bending over the edge of the bed to grab my knickers off the floor. I quietly walked over to the dresser, pulling out a pair of pajama pants and pulling them on.

I walked out of the bedroom, gently closing the door behind me, careful not to wake Candy. My eyes flickered to the kitchen. Slipping into the fridge, I pulled out a bottled water and taking a place on the sofa in the lounge. I turned on the telly noticing my face, along with Candy's was plastered all over the news. All I could mumble to myself was, "Shit". I suddenly felt arms wrap around my neck. I looked up, Candy. I breathed in a sigh of relief, somewhat. She smiled down at me, "Awhhh, don't we look so cute?". I just stared at the screen, refusing to answer her.

         "Is this new relationship between Harry Styles and Candy Taylor real? What happened to Harry's fiance, Cheyenne, to whom he proposed to at one of One Direction's concerts? Is Cherry out and Handy in? Or do we have a scandal on our hands?"

Candy released her grip from around me, "Cheyenne? Proposal?". I took a deep breath, "Candy...". She backed away from me, leaning against the island residing in the kitchen, "We've been dating for two months Harry...How...What? When did you get with her?". I brought my hands to my face, "A long while ago, but Candy...". I stood up, turning to her, " I-".

"No buts Harry, I don't apreciate my boyfriends having fiance's".

"Candy...", I protested.

"Do you even love her?".

"Actually, yes...".

Candy shook her head, "I don't believe it".

There was a long paused without even a thought of words to be spoken. She suddenly stood up, "Did you ever love me?". I looked into her eyes before shaking my head, "No..".

Your P.O.V

You decided to leave early from hanging out with Louis, Niall and Eleanor. You walked up the steps to the complex, tired and frustrated. You pulled out your door key, about to push the door open when it's pulled back shut. You looked behind you confused. You turn to see Zayn with a wide grin, "Hello, Beautiful". You crack a smile for a quick second, "What are you doing?". Zayn shrugged, "I thought I'd come and see you and maybe spend some time together. I mean, if that's alright with you". You rolled your eyes, turning back to your flat, "Come in".

You sat on the sofa letting out a sigh, exausted. Zayn closed your flat door, turning to you, "Is everything alright?". You nodded, "Just so tired". Zayn pointed his finger towards the door, "If you want to sleep, I can leave-". You shook your head, "No Zayn...stay...I could use somebody to cuddle up to". He didn't object, taking the seat next to you and pulling a cover over the both of you and pulling your head to his chest.

You both sat motionless and speechless as the telly flickered between commercials. You looked up at Zayn, "Zayn?". He looked down, "Yes love?". You cuddled into his chest more,  “Promise you’ll never hurt me”, you said quietly as Zayn ran his fingers through your hair. You'd been in the same position for almost two hours, not even paying attention to the telly for the past hour. His arm was wrapped around you and his breath was hot on your neck. There was nothing you wanted more than to be with him right now.

He kissed your temple, “I promise. What happened before... I promise, will never happen again. Harry doesn't know what he's got himself into”, He replied, holding out his pinky for mine. You gladly laced your pinky with his.

You rolled over so that you were lying completely on top of him, “Okay then, I want us back”, you said, pressing your lips to his once. He leaned away from you, furrowing his eyebrows, “Wait, you're being serious right?”, He asked, clearly shocked. You’d been so close to Zayn before, missing the rush you felt with him. You looked into his eyes, "I'm sorry I didn't listen to your warnings about Harry. I- I thought I knew him. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything. I was blinded by the memories of who he used to be and I guess I was wrong". Zayn pushed the hair from your face behind your ear. He pressed a quick kiss to your lips. You started kissing him back, pushing your tongue past his teeth and into his mouth all while attempting to lift his shirt over his head. He started laughing and you pulled away from him, a confused look creeping on your face, “What's wrong?". He grinned, "We can't start every relationship we get into with sex love. It's doesn't turn out so good".

You sighed leaning back into his chest. He lifted your chin, smashing his lips to yours in a passionate kiss. He paused for a second, "Let's go to bed". He got up, pulling you with him. A faint giggle escaping your mouth.

You were unaware of your vibrating phone on the kitchen counter, a text from Harry, "I need to see you. I'm coming home now, I'll be there in the morning. We need to talk".