Chapter 13: Babe, I think I-- nevermind

Hey guys! 

            SPOILER ALERT!:

            One: Remember the dream Brian had waaaay back?  Good. 

            Two:  “Two minds can think very alike, the funny part is when they don’t know someone else is thinking exactly like them but the reader does.  Lesson learned: This is an example of Dramatic Irony.  This tool will be used throughout the chapter.

            Three: There might be some repeated/similar sentences in this chapter but there is a purpose for that so please read to find out!

            Enooooooy! =)

            LESS THAN 24 HOURS UNTIL NEW YEARS!  READ READ READ GUYS! 

            Chapter 13:  Babe, I think I---nevermind

RIVYN’S P.O.V.

            I’m one of those girls that sit by the curb and wait for my prince charming.  A hate a good chase and I hate being bait for someone else’s treat.  I never liked to be used but I’m perfectly patient when it comes to Mr. Right.  What Brian said, “Don’t worry Mr. Gillian, I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” that was just another invitation to hop into the love cab.  Waiting patiently by the curb, I could easily jump into that cab and go for a ride.

            And of course, you’re thinking, this is Brian Daniels you’re talking about.  He’s got soul, class, style and he’s bad ass.  Who wouldn’t want a girl like that?

            Me.

            It’s not like I think he isn’t perfect, don’t get me wrong.  However, he’s.....Brian.  The boy that ruined my life, and in return is handing me a hand to pick me back up.  Should I take it?  That spark we had before, when I gazed into his eyes, was very small and probably doesn’t mean anything.  Or maybe it does?  It was so stressful because he could easily be using me like every other girl.  I would become another screw-up in my family.  I could just imagine Aunt Darby scolding at me as I’m behind bars, her calling me ‘the-daughter-who-betrayed-herself-for-a-hot-man’ or some crap like that.

            What did he even see in me?  Like, what’s so important about me anyways?  Why would he even want me?  For my body?  Looks?  For pleasure? 

            I was so lost.  I needed a map.  I needed help.  I needed to leave. 

            I pretended to ignore Brian’s sweet comment and kicked my feet up on his desk.  Brian smirked as he noticed I was ignoring him and headed straight to his spot that was clearly occupied by me.

            “That’s my seat,” he softly said. 

            Popping back on my headphones, I closed my eyes and made it look like I was listening to music.  Which I wasn’t.  I wanted to see how Brian was going to handle the situation.  “Rivyn love, I need you to please sweep your feet off my desk.  I need to sit.” 

            Shutting him out, I kicked up one leg on his chair, leaving the other on his desk.  Come on Mr. Gillian!  Can’t you notice the problem going on?

            “Dear, I really need to sit,” he politely said.  I wondered how long his gentlemen act was going to last for.  Just to add another pinch, I opened my eyes, yawned and tied up my hair.  I sighed and closed my eyes again, resting my head back.