Chapter 22: der.two.sides.of.life.

You know what every author craves for?  Writing adrenaline.  When you’re down the fast line, shooting letters along the keyboard, your fingers flying over words, and then BAM!  You got one son of a gun chapter.  Slick, smooth and clean, you kick up your feet, and sigh at such tight, firm, work.

….

…….......

.....................

............................

……….Question.  If quiz is a quizzical… then what’s a test?.....

-------------------*----------------------------*----------------------------------------

Chapter 22: der.two.sides.of.life.

            Rivyn’s P.O.V. (cause I said so xD and she’s the main character)

            Darkness.  Cards.  Ace. 

            Laughs swirl around; Charlotte’s familiar snicker haunts my mind.  I curl deeply into a ball, rocking between a corner by myself.  More laughter and I’m frightened, alone in the room.  I begin to sob, clogging my throat from all the dread.     

            Then a warm hand slinks up my back, and I peek to see a smile. 

            “Brian?” I croak, beautiful eyes staring into mine. 

            “I love you,” he whispers, tilting my chin.  Tears fall down his cheek, and I watch as they slowly disappear as well does his body. 

            His lips quiver, and I try to reach his shaking hands, but all I get is air.  “I’m sorry,” he murmurs, dissolving with the darkness. 

            I cry out his name, pain swelling in the heart.  “Don’t go,” is all I muster before I know I can’t take it.  I fight my chest from closing in, and realize I’m weeping over the boy who broke my heart. 

            “He’s not good enough for you,” says a voice, and I glance to see Noah genuinely staring.  “You’re the same type of person as him.  You should have never been together.” 

            Rage thrusts itself forward, and I try to hit the ghost, but again, all I get is air.  Shutting my eyes, I pray everything will go away, tucking myself in my arms.  I’m alone again in the room, the darkness my only companion.    

            “Megan…”

            “Go away,” I scream, wanting to break free.

            “Megan…please…”

            I suddenly feel weak, and give up, facing defeat.  I let his strong hands stand me up, my legs still flimsy and weak.  Comfort comes from his touch, and I snuggle my head beneath his chin. 

            “You’re safe now,” Damon repeats embracing me tight. 

            For some reason, I feel protected, carefree in his arms.  It feels wonderful.

            My eyes peeled open, sunshine swallowing past my vision.  Waking to the morning light, confusion peeked through, and I wondered if that was either a dream or a nightmare. 

            “Rivyn, it’s time to get up,” whispered Damon, his voice soft and genial.  I find myself cradled under his grasp.  Did I….sleep with him?