Chapter 25: Ruby, Groovy! Damn you child!

RIVYN'S P.O.V.

Why did I get in the car?

Honestly, I wasn't ready to forgive the guy, let alone allow him to take me to a random ski resort. Yeah. That's right. He drove me to one of the coldest parts in Canada. Nunavut.  Who knew they had ski resorts there?

Brian roughly shoved my bags to my stomach and I glared, following him into the large wooden lodge, the building about seven floors high. Before entering, I couldn't help but admire the beautiful white hills capturing the main attraction of the area. Small moving dots roamed along the mountains, and the thought of going down them made my stomach queasy.

I, Rivyn DeLor, confess that I can't ski or snowboard for my life. The whole riding on snow from a very high point of elevation was just terrifying, not to mention the large chance of slipping on an ice patch and breaking all the bones in your body. Let me tell you, I do not look good in a cast, nor crutches. Funny how the only sport I can't do is where, out of all places, this ignorant boy takes me. Just peachy, huh?

"Hey Jim!" smiled Brian as he approached the front desk. I quietly followed, taking in the grand lobby.

The man brightened and embraced him in a hug as if they were old friends. Shrinking back, I stood awkwardly with my baggage, eyes trailing elsewhere.

"What brings you here? Jim asked, his voice bellowing around the busy space. People rushed back in and out with skis and snowboards, all hurrying to attend the perfect winter weather.

Brian smiled and slightly shrugged. "I wondered if we could hit up a few nights here for a while," he smoothly said.

I snorted, advancing towards the two, "to use your hotel as an escape from the police."

He narrowed his eyes in my direction and I beamed. The man raised an eyebrow, "Brian, on the run again?" Again? Something told me that this wasn't the first time Brian was escaping from the police. Wonder if he had a fancy women tagging along with him. Not that I cared of course.

Jim gave me a once over, and chuckled. "This your girl, Daniels?"

"No," I spoke.

"Yes," he said.

I scowled, "He's just my kidnapper-"

"Ex. She's my ex," Brian interrupted, elbowing my gut.

Jim warmly chuckled again, and sang something about teenagers as he made his way behind the front desk. "So what kind of room would you like?"

"One master suite," Brian confidently chose, leaning against the wood.

I moved beside him, smirking. "How 'bout two separate rooms instead?"

Jim checked his computer and shook his head. "I only got one room left," he glanced up, and winked at Brian, "and it's a master suite."