Chapter 23: One in a million

            RIVYN’S P.O.V.

            What in bloody hell did I get to deserve this? 

            Brian and I exchanged dumb reactions as soon as his eyes laid on mine.  His sexy hair grew since the last time I saw him, the blonde strands falling along his ears. 

            Gagh!  Curse you creator of sexy gifts!

            “Someone’s been naughty, hm?” smirked Brian, nodding to my handcuffs. 

            I scowled and scooted to the window, trying to get far away as possible.  “For your information, duck-ass, I was kidnapped.”

            He chuckled and sat uncomfortably on the seat, his hands cuffed behind his back.  “Suuuuure.  That makes so much sense since you’re in a police car who is being guided by a policeman.”

            “Well....” I drifted and realized that I didn’t have a comeback.

            “That’s what I thought, Miss smarty,” he grinned, his gorgeous lips curling upwards.  Lust banged against my head, and the urge to kiss him was pounding. 

            I gazed out the window, trying to direct my attention elsewhere as the previous cars passed, our vehicle finally beginning to move.  Just looking at the boy made me forget about all the pain he’s caused me.  How is that possible?  I don’t love him.  I told him myself before I ran away! 

            The sense of Brian staring at me made me squirm.  “You know I’ve been searching the country for you,” he softly admitted, shifting to the middle seat.

            Well.  That was unexpected.  The country?  Holy shit, was he serious?

            No Rivyn!  Stay strong!  This boy broke your heart!  Get yourself together, you’re stronger than this!

            I stuck my nose in the air, grasping any confidence floating around, and continued to gaze out the window.  Brian moved closer, his presence only inches from mine making my head spin.

            “Stop ignoring me.  Please.  I need you,” he begged, his voice needy, breaking any humour he had previously.  “I’ve been thinking about you ever since you ran away.  I’ve tried to escape eight god damn times from the hospital to come find you!”

            I smirked, pressing my hips against the door.  “Man, that guy must have knocked you out pretty hard.  There’s a one in a million chances to find a girl like me in a whole country.”

            Brian shrugged, and revealed a small smile.  “But you are my one in a million.”