Chapter 34: Finally

RIVYN'S P.O.V.

This was the only time I thanked Mother Nature for the gift of pads, sealing the odour of my incident.

He pushed his curled locks out of his nervy eyes, a goofy smile peeking. I touched my chest, tasting a hint of salt as I licked my glossy lips. His gorgeous fingers opened the lid, and my breath caught.

A sparkling silver ring sunk in a red cushion, it a simple design with a tiny heart diamond moulded within the centre. "Fuck," I murmured, my heart pounding as tears began to build up. "What's wrong with you Brian?"

He gave that lopsided grin, the one that got all the girls swooning; something that could electrify any body and churn the waves in any girl's stomach. The smile I fell in love with. The smile I knew I couldn't live without.

"It's a promise ring," he stated, and I couldn't help, but heave a loud exhale in relief.

"Damn you," I coldly glared, and he laughed. "Don't scare me like that, you could have-"

"Rivyn?"

"What?"

He left his hand out, "Can I?"

"No."

"Why?"

"You're crazily mad, Brian."

"You're not so shabby yourself."

A warm chuckle came from his throat, and I ran my fingers up his jaw, cupping his soft cheeks. "Brian, I'm not sure you know what you're agreeing to."

"Trust me," he grinned, causing a warm rush up my arms, "I took several knock-outs from you. I think I know what I'm getting myself into."

"You don't know me like I do."

"Oh, but I do. I know you more than you know yourself." He tangled his fingers with mine, twining them together. I've never seen anything so perfect.

I wiped another rolling tear, and sniffed. Tears of joy. Unbelievable. And I never cried. "So what would I be promising to?"

Brian rubbed my palm, and gulped, "To never forget."

"Forget what?"

"Me."

I choked on my tears, and stroked his skin, shaking my head. Loosening my fingers, I held it open for him to take. "Brian, I will never forget you."

He brightened and he carefully held my wrist like it was glass. His hand kept shaking as he tried to get the ring on my finger, and I giggled as he dropped it.

"You're such a klutz." Looking up, his smile couldn't get any bigger as he slowly slipped the ring on, fitting perfectly.

My eyes gleamed as it reflected from the silver, and one more tear tumbled down. Everyone clapped, standing as more cameras clicked. Charlie shot him a thumbs up, but Brian didn't bother to turn back, still gazing at me.

"What?" I asked, unable to contain my grin. "Why do you keep staring? Do I have something on my face? Oh god, is my make-up running? Does it look bad? How about my-"

"Rivyn?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

About to shoot a remark, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my body flushed against his, my mouth immediately shutting. Our heads locked, and I automatically draped my arms around his neck, breathing in his thick vanilla after-shave. His eyes sparkled as they were glued to mine, nothing able to step between us. We were in our own world.