Chapter 4: Mother of ducks, did I just say that?

This one’s a little longer ‘cause I had so much fun making it :)

Song: OMG (oh my gosh) by Usher

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4:  Mother of ducks, did I just say that?

BRIAN’S P.O.V (Brian’s part)

“Running or kissing?” she asked.

“Both,” I said, slapping her ass in delight. 

Tweet!  “GO!”

I ran off laughing as I saw the girl jump in surprise.  Damn, she was hot.  And so familiar too...... Several guys, tagged behind me, trying to pass.

Focus, Brian.  Focus.

I pumped my legs to go faster, creating a big distance between the other guys.  Man this was way too easy. 

“Catch you later, SUCKA!”  I spun my head to the side, witnessing the girl speed past me.  How the hell did s—

Her ponytail swung back and forth, almost hypnotizing me.  I shook my head.  Come on douche!  GO!

I lifted my feet up, sprinting on full blast until I was close enough to hear her heavy breathing. 

The finish line was about a few meters away.  So close.

RIVYN’S P.O.V

I sucked in a gasp of air, arms cutting through the air like blades.  Brian’s footsteps haunted me as they came closer and closer.  I had to make it.  I HAD to.

As I plunged farther to the finish line, a sharp pain shot through my calf.  Crap, not now, Rivyn. 

I bit my lip, pushing my legs to go faster.  They felt like jello, the numb feeling seeping into my lower body, firing straight to my muscles.   Chewing on my gum was the only thing that kept me going.  The taste of blood slowly oozed onto my tongue.

I swear I could hear Brian’s heart beat.... or maybe it was mine.  Whatever, I just couldn’t lose to him.

Seven steps closer.  Sweat dripped down my face, as I could feel the presence of Brian next to me.  Our feet were practically in sync.  It was like a rhythm.  Thump.  Thump.  Thump.

Three steps closer. 

Unexpectedly, my body didn’t want to operate at that exact second.  I completely jerked forward, head diving to straight past the finish line.  Feet entirely immobile, I prepared for drop off, knees already buckling.

“Woah!” said a startled voice as I felt myself being caught by strong hands.  Everything was blurry, blotches of colour swirled around.  I tried to speak but nothing came out.

I was dehydrating.  Fast.

My mind disappeared into memories. 

I bolted up; beads of sweat dripping down like a sticky fountain.  I crawled out of bed.  The cold wooden floors made me gasp in surprise. I creaked past my sister’s empty room and softly tip toed down the staircase.

“Four-hundred ninety eight, exact.” 

I froze, ears curiously listening.

“Hon, did you give him the right change?”

“Don’t worry Mr. DeLor.  Your wife is a smart women.  I trust she can count right.”

A few chuckles were let loose.  “See?  He’s charming, intelligent and young.”