Chapter 31: I like my Garbanzo Beans. And chicken. Stupid chicken.

PLEASE VOTE!

Chapter 31: I like my Garbanzo Beans. And chicken. Stupid chicken.

RIVYN'S P.O.V.

"Someone pinch my Botox cheeks!"

I crinkled my nose, and watched as Aunt Darby jumped on a large king sized bed, the creamy duvets dangling over the expensive white carpet.

"I love Mrs. Daniels! She is-Oh my flipping doodles, is that-aw hell no! It is!"

Rolling my tired eyes, I sat down my bag in the penthouse, collapsing face first into the couch. "Aunt Darby! Can you please, just get some rest? Or shut up at least?" I muffled in the pillow, knowing I would get a smacking if I said it out loud.

Four hours of transportation! Four bloody hours of getting off the plane that I stopped, waiting for it to backtrack to the beginning of the runway, and then coming back to find the seating arrangement different. That new arrangement unfortunately resulted into my face being squished between two coach potatoes (who could have been mistaken to be pregnant). My shirt now had crushed Cheeto stains all over, and I think some crumbs were still stuck in my bra.

Cringing at my hair, a piece of gum was fixed to the tip end of a strand, making me grimace.

I made a promise to myself that if I ever see a figure sprinting down a runway, I would screw that fucker and tell the captain to get the hell out of here. No way will I ever get on a plane again. Ever.

"I can't believe I'm actually going to be living here! In Canada!" squealed Aunt Darby, slapping her face. "And I don't even have to pay a single dime! It's all paid by the Daniels! Isn't this amazing?!"

Giving her thumbs up, my face remained in the sunken pillow.

A moment later, the cushion suddenly got lower, and a soothing hand caressed my shoulder. "Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I almost forgot about-" She sighed, and I glanced up, mustering a weak smile.

"No it's fine. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. You deserve it. Really." She nodded, and pulled me into a warm suffocating hug.

"You're so grown up now, sugar cakes. Oh, the days when you were young..." she drifted, staring past my shoulders.

"You mean the good old days? Damn, I miss them as well." Although I was talking more about my ex-relationship with Brian, I decided not to share and got up, heading into the bathroom.

Just before shutting the door, I gave Aunt Darby a reassuring smile, trying my best to hide my quivering chin. "We're all happy now. Everything will be fine. Besides, I've always wanted to go to England!"

She nodded, and blew me a kiss.

Closing myself in the room, I sucked in a sharp breath and wiped the brim of my eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A powerful scent of peach and mango found its way into my nose, and I slowly peeled open my eyes. Big brown beady balls pierced straight at me, and I screamed.

Warm laughter rang, and I rose to see Aunt Darby throwing me a slice of burned toast. "I cooked you a little something!" she proudly sang.

Hanging the bread from two fingers, I sniffed it and pushed it away. "You do know you can't really 'cook' bread, right? You toast it. Hence the word, 'toast?'"

She waved her hand, the colourful bracelets jiggling around her tiny wrists. "Whatever, smart-ass. It's only been a day since we've moved in and you've done absolutely nothing!"